Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty. (i'll labour my points)

Mangala doesn't come back - the club have shown no faith in him

Otamendi takes time to settle

We disrupt a settled, balanced and so far perfect defensive unit
The mangalator will return

People need to chill their beans.

He would have been discussed as a target since the end of last season and thought about over the summer. Could anyone begrudge us looking at a new top class CB and maybe moving Mangala on loan after last season?

It just seems strange now since we've played two games and looked solid, but these decisions are not made on a whim after two games.

Say it's a run of form and then Mangala is dog shit between September to November, Otamendi goes to the rags and is brilliant, and the window is shut and we can't do anything, what then? Txiki would need private security from folk on here.

City can't win on transfer sometimes.
Yes, we can loan them other players.

07/08 - Corluka
08/09 - Ben-Haim, Kompany
09/10 - Lescott, Toure
10/11 - Boateng
11/12 - Savic
12/13 - Nastasic
13/14 - Demichelis
14/15 - Mangala
15/16 - Otamendi?

I must admit and never thought I'd say this (based on last season's performances) but I'd be gutted to see Mangala go on loan for the rest of the season.....especially the way he has started this season.

I can see the logic in bringing a world class defender in for a bit of a sacrifice as international 1st teamer or not....Otamendi is the real deal....I just hope and pray he slots in straight away and develops an understanding with Vinnie.

If he does then we will have one hell of a CB pairing and Mangala to follow next season with more experience.

Also what leverage do Valencia have to demand a player in return? He's basically refusing to stay at Valencia and they are getting €40m for him. Praying Mangala stays.

Technically didn't Ric say he hadn't heard anything about Mangala being included in the deal, which isn't the same as categorically stating he won't be going.

Yeah, I can't say definitively that Mangala isn't part of the deal, but two separate people I spoke to seemed very surprised at the suggestion and thought it highly unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.