Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrendous if true.

We're seeing the fruits of the labour of developing Mangala already, he as the rest of the team were fantastic again today. He hasn't put a foot wrong in the two games this season.

add the £10mil for Dzeko, the inability to understand the Pogba transfer prior to the window, the all round fuckwittery that has been the De Bruyne saga... It's not great.

This would really be a huge backwards move though, don't agree with it in the slightest.
What a load of shite.

Yeah, I can't say definitively that Mangala isn't part of the deal, but two separate people I spoke to seemed very surprised at the suggestion and thought it highly unlikely.

That's a positive!

People need to chill their beans.

He would have been discussed as a target since the end of last season and thought about over the summer. Could anyone begrudge us looking at a new top class CB and maybe moving Mangala on loan after last season?

It just seems strange now since we've played two games and looked solid, but these decisions are not made on a whim after two games.

Say it's a run of form and then Mangala is dog shit between September to November, Otamendi goes to the rags and is brilliant, and the window is shut and we can't do anything, what then? Txiki would need private security from folk on here.

City can't win on transfer sometimes.
The whole defence was dog shit most of last season, so what's changed from then until now? Our change in formation, that's what. MDM apart, none of our defence covered themselves in glory, but if Otamedi is available having him here with a view to replacing MDM next season would make perfect sense.

If reports of Lopez going the other way are true, then it all starts to make sense. The only thing that's occurred to me is didn't we include the Valencia money for Negredo in the Bony deal? I know it looks like FFP is going tits up, but how would this effect things?

I would be happier if Lopes does go out on loan providing we can get him to commit to a new deal.

Yeah, I can't say definitively that Mangala isn't part of the deal, but two separate people I spoke to seemed very surprised at the suggestion and thought it highly unlikely.

Hopefully they're on the money with their surprise, I really don't think it would be a good move for City to be sending Mangala anywhere. He's had 12 months here, and he struggled, it's now time for him to step up and perform. So far, against West Brom and Chelsea, he's done that. Sending him away to Spain now would be counterproductive.

give your head a wobble mate, it wouldnt be a "huge mistake" at all, Otamendi is a world class cb, and even if mang goes out on loan, he will deffo be back next year. No way would we get rid now after spending 40 mil on him last year
No he isn't. He's a good defender who had a good season. 18 months ago he was being loaned out to Ateltico Miniero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.