Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole defence was dog shit most of last season, so what's changed from then until now? Our change in formation, that's what. MDM apart, none of our defence covered themselves in glory, but if Otamedi is available having him here with a view to replacing MDM next season would make perfect sense.

If reports of Lopez going the other way are true, then it all starts to make sense. The only thing that's occurred to me is didn't we include the Valencia money for Negredo in the Bony deal? I know it looks like FFP is going tits up, but how would this effect things?

Agree is raises questions on the Negredo/Bony/FFP situation but I have no idea where we stand with all that!

People need to chill their beans.

He would have been discussed as a target since the end of last season and thought about over the summer. Could anyone begrudge us looking at a new top class CB and maybe moving Mangala on loan after last season?

It just seems strange now since we've played two games and looked solid, but these decisions are not made on a whim after two games.

Say it's a run of form and then Mangala is dog shit between September to November, Otamendi goes to the rags and is brilliant, and the window is shut and we can't do anything, what then? Txiki would need private security from folk on here.

City can't win on transfer sometimes.

if we loan him out then like Savic and Nastasic he won't be coming back. He'll feel like he doesn't belong and his City career will be over. He was immense today and with more games and regular selection in a settled back four he'll prove to be a sound buy for the big fee we paid for him. Also, what does it say to Denayer ? Further down the pecking order.

Everyone saying about Mangala not going he ain't gonna be happy on the bench is he? Or if he goes out on loan he will still come back next season and we are in the same situation. Pointless deal we have a fine selection of centre backs as it is.

It would be sad to loose out on mangala for otem,yes otem is worldclass argubly , but haven't we seen time n again new players taking time to settle in PL ,and sounds perplexing to me to loan out a defender who is starting to find his feet in pl
Only winner in this deal though is Valencia ,there losing a player who wants to leave them and getting a top prospect of the future on loan as well as the money

if we loan him out then like Savic and Nastasic he won't be coming back. He'll feel like he doesn't belong and his City career will be over. He was immense today and with more games and regular selection in a settled back four he'll prove to be a sound buy for the big fee we paid for him. Also, what does it say to Denayer ? Further down the pecking order.

FWIW I agree and I'm not sold on the idea by any stretch but at the same time all this vitriol on here about it being a disaster is a bit OTT.

And we all know full well if Mangala turns to shit (remember how good he was on his debut and never returned to that form), Otamendi goes elsewhere and looks brilliant, this place will be scathing of Txiki and everybody knows it.

If you have a transfer strategy over a summer I don't personally feel you should change it in the back of two games.

I hope he stays and if he does go I hope he comes back a better player, he has everything he needs to be a top player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.