Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I agree.

What I don't get is that they were both available from Porto in 2014. We signed Mangala and Otamendi went for a fraction of that price to Valencia.

If we bring in Otamendi now and let Mangala go the other way, it'd be more or less and admission from Txiki that he signed the wrong player.

Really don't get it frankly.

Not every signing at top clubs work out. The important thing is to rectify it quickly.

I am unsure still about Mangala although he looked good today and seems to be more settled.

If it is a purchase with a "loan swap" then the door is open for a return. Transfers do not always work out, look at tmaria over at the red shite.

Mangala fan club?

I'm a City fan, never one player over the club. We spend a fortune on a French central defender who endures a difficult first season, as many do, and as soon he shows signs of starting to click we loan him out?

sorry, nothing to do with a Mangala fan club. Just can't fathom it out.

Otamendi struggled the season before. What's your point? From after the Derby at the swamp to now, Mangala has looked excellent.
My point is you write Otamendi off as it's just 1 good season yet hold faith in Mangala for 8 games

My point is you write Otamendi off as it's just 1 good season yet hold faith in Mangala for 8 games
I'm not. Otamendi is good but clubs have been aware of him for a few years. It's only after him scoring a few goals for a centre back last season that the top clubs are taking notice.

He is good don't get me wrong and ordinarily I would be happy but I think Mangala has excellent potential and he is starting to form a very good partnership with Kompany. He has a higher ceiling to his ability and he is younger.

Furthermore it's an outlay which we really could do with spending on a central midfielder if we are to challenge in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.