Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
could cowpoo about how good or how bad the guy is, but havent seen him play or know if he's any better than what we have now .. but at the moment, the backline is playing on merit and hopefully will stay as it is (sorry Zabba)

Agree but you would improve the squad surely if you could? And otamenid definitely does that, if Mangala stays

Agree but you would improve the squad surely if you could? And otamenid definitely does that, if Mangala stays

Without doubt .... but i'd worry if he might undo the hard work put into into the back line when there has been clear development in the summer.

DeMike is no spring chicken granted, so obviously we need someone as cover/back up .... but like i say, i have no idea what type of player he is, but i wouldnt change a winning backline at the moment.

From what i can tell on who he has been linked with over the summer, he's not going to want to come to City just to be a squad player, right?

I think this move is fairly simple to explain myself. To me, when/if Ottamendi is signed, it signals the end of our hope of signing Pogba, (for now).

MDM has replaced Fernandinho in our opening two games. This could mean we would have an axis of Toure/Fernandinho/MDM and Fernando in two deeper midfield spots, With Kompany/Mangala/Ottamendi and Denayer to pick from at CB.

Demichelis is still an accomplished footballer, who whilst losing pace as he ages, still has enough intelligence to do a good job in front of a back four.

Without doubt .... but i'd worry if he might undo the hard work put into into the back line when there has been clear development in the summer.

DeMike is no spring chicken granted, so obviously we need someone as cover/back up .... but like i say, i have no idea what type of player he is, but i wouldnt change a winning backline at the moment.

From what i can tell on who he has been linked with over the summer, he's not going to want to come to City just to be a squad player, right?

That's my concern too, sods fucking law this was probably done a few weeks back, before Mangala plays 2 games like a monster.

I would be staggered if mangala goes out, but well chuffed if otamendi comes in if that makes sense

I think this move is fairly simple to explain myself. To me, when/if Ottamendi is signed, it signals the end of our hope of signing Pogba, (for now).

MDM has replaced Fernandinho in our opening two games. This could mean we would have an axis of Toure/Fernandinho/MDM and Fernando in two deeper midfield spots, With Kompany/Mangala/Ottamendi and Denayer to pick from at CB.

Demichelis is still an accomplished footballer, who whilst losing pace as he ages, still has enough intelligence to do a good job in front of a back four.

I think you're right regarding Pogba, but you've missed out Delph in your observation about centre mid. That's why I think Demichelis could be the one to make way.

well unless every single sports journalist are wrong most likely.Ric it may be a good thing but todays team and defence looked full of energy with great defending and blocks all over the park.i think it takes time to bed in to any club and ottamendi although great player he is may disrupt that.There has been mention of lopes going on loan but that means we would lose him because hes nearly out of contract.I do hope we keep mangala now we have him settled in and looking confident.Ottamendi to add will be a great signing in the long run as will mangala.

Every single sports journalist? Really?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.