Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
It often takes players 12 months to get up to speed playing in the premier league. After a challenging 12 months Mangala now looks the real deal, Fast, strong, reads the game well and is even passing the ball well. If his improvement continues he could be a colossus at centre half for years to come. Can't understand the logic to try and fix something that doesn't seem broken, especially when if the wheels do come off for Mangala, we have MDM to step in.

That's no slight to Ottamendi who i believe had a great season last season in the not too taxing Spanish league. One thing about him that does cause me slight concern though was that he wasn't deemed good enough to play for Argentina in the last world cup, and if he's worse than Rojo, who was keeping him out at the time, then that's an even bigger reason to stick with Mangala.

Save the money and put it towards the Pogba deal!!

This is the same Argentina that played a completely unfit Aguero on the wing and chose a goalkeeper who at the time didn't have a club if I remember correctly over Caballero.

well unless every single sports journalist are wrong most likely.Ric it may be a good thing but todays team and defence looked full of energy with great defending and blocks all over the park.i think it takes time to bed in to any club and ottamendi although great player he is may disrupt that.There has been mention of lopes going on loan but that means we would lose him because hes nearly out of contract.I do hope we keep mangala now we have him settled in and looking confident.Ottamendi to add will be a great signing in the long run as will mangala.

Quite a few English journalists left the etihad and immediately tweeted that the Mangala on loan rumours were bollocks.

"Every single sports journalist" is not the same as a few reprocessed rumours from AS or Marca.

It makes no sense using Mangala as a makeweight. Tbh I don't think people on here tonight are giving the club the respect it deserves. I don't believe they're so silly as to loan such a huge future investment. I said earlier if its true then he's leaving for something other than footballing reasons. I can't see beyond that.

MDM makes sense. If Valencia were after a player as part of any deal then he fits more than anyone. Has experience in La Liga as well.

And if they are having problems with ffp as suggested then they are hardly in a position to haggle.

It often takes players 12 months to get up to speed playing in the premier league. After a challenging 12 months Mangala now looks the real deal, Fast, strong, reads the game well and is even passing the ball well. If his improvement continues he could be a colossus at centre half for years to come. Can't understand the logic to try and fix something that doesn't seem broken, especially when if the wheels do come off for Mangala, we have MDM to step in.

That's no slight to Ottamendi who i believe had a great season last season in the not too taxing Spanish league. One thing about him that does cause me slight concern though was that he wasn't deemed good enough to play for Argentina in the last world cup, and if he's worse than Rojo, who was keeping him out at the time, then that's an even bigger reason to stick with Mangala.

Save the money and put it towards the Pogba deal!!

I would hope people will have seen the drastic improvement in Mangala after a season in the PL and apply the same to Fernando, who had an even more disrupted first season because he was carrying a groin injury. I think a lot of the blues who are begging for him to be sold will be left looking pretty stupid in 9 months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.