Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can see why some are using Mangala as a 'makeweight' but only cos of last season. The lad already has shown he has improved this season and probably needed a season under his belt to come good. I remember Vidic was pants in his first season. I cant see Mangala leaving, even on loan ... today he was solid and brilliant with Kompany and that gives me belief that he will constantly improve.

For all we know, Otamendi would need a season to see the best of him, so i'd welcome him to City happily but hope that Kompany and Mangala get a good run together in our vastly improved defensive line.

I can see it from the club's point of view. Ship (the only occasionally imo) mistake-prone Mangala off for a season and hope he matures with regular La Liga and Champions League football into one of Europe's top centre backs for next season, bring is a ready-made elite one for this season and for a cut-price deal by taking advantage of the Negredo situation with Valencia.

Having said that it just seems a signing for the sake of a signing, I'd rather we didn't interfere with the starting line up from today.

I think this move is fairly simple to explain myself. To me, when/if Ottamendi is signed, it signals the end of our hope of signing Pogba, (for now).

MDM has replaced Fernandinho in our opening two games. This could mean we would have an axis of Toure/Fernandinho/MDM and Fernando in two deeper midfield spots, With Kompany/Mangala/Ottamendi and Denayer to pick from at CB.

Demichelis is still an accomplished footballer, who whilst losing pace as he ages, still has enough intelligence to do a good job in front of a back four.
Problem is, just slotting MDM into a DM role doesn't fix our midfield. He isn't a DM and never will be.

DeMike is a temporary fix in the DCM cover whilst Fernando and Delph are out injured. He played there at Bayern so can come in at the latter stages of games.

I dont think Juve were ever going to let Pogba leave in this window regardless, thats why we got Delph in. Next window or next summer is probably the time to get Pogba.

And got through to the WC Final, don't forget that one......

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/10963641/Germany-v-Argentina-route-to-the-World-Cup-final-2014.html

As much as it pains me to say it because of our Argie contingent, the only team they played before the final that showed up were the Dutch, Belgium should have with the team they had but didn't. They were generally set up poorly tactically and won with the odd individual brilliance per match, rather than the team effort of the Germans combined with the brilliance.

Problem is, just slotting MDM into a DM role doesn't fix our midfield. He isn't a DM and never will be.

Our number one need is to line up a replacement for Yaya. Easy to say but incredibly difficult to do. When we have the ball Yaya is a massive asset to the team but when we don't have the ball he's our achiles heel. We need to find a young, powerful, box to box midfielder who can impose himself on games in the same way Yaya can, can create chances like Yaya can and can score goals like Yaya can, but is equally comfortable defending alongside Fernandhino. No surprise we have invested so much time and effort into Pogba.

Come on Tixki you can do it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.