Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
demichelis is CDM this year imo. So denayer, mangala, kompany and otamendi. Still not bad ;-)
I may take stick for this, but Demichelis as a CDM is an upgrade from Fernando (unless that injury was much worse than I suspect.) He reads the game superbly and would have cover behind him this way, which makes up for his lack of pace. Frankly, he'll do what Garcia did for us near the end when it clicked for him.

I'm surprised so many of you think rate him as highly as you do.

Are you not worried this is €40 million spunked out on a defender who has only had one good season of football?

When we were linked with him I instantly said he's not worth the money, nor is he all that good. Argentine international of course, but he looks no better than Rojo.

Biggest question - what about Denayer?
Does he look good enough? Denayer I mean

Really want to think this is a good deal but it just feels like £35m that would be much better spent elsewhere.

Can anyone try to persuade me otherwise?
Where would it be better spent?

We have a well stacked squad, strong in all positions.

Hart and Cabarello.
Zabaleta and Sagna.
Kompany, Mangala, Otamendi, Denayer.
Kolarov and Clichy.
Yaya, Fernandinho, Demichellis, Delph.
Silva, Nasri, De Bruyne, Sterling, Navas.
Agüero, Bony.

The only week spot in the team for me is Central Midfield but Yaya and Fernandinho are still awesome and we have said we are only in the market for world class players. Obviously we failed with the Pogba move so we'll bide our time until another great centre mid becomes available. Think next summer we will sign two new deputy full backs though, and a new centre mid.

Fernando and Zuculini can both leave for me.

Really want to think this is a good deal but it just feels like £35m that would be much better spent elsewhere.

Can anyone try to persuade me otherwise?
Pretty sure they still owe us around 20m so technically just over 10m for him I believe.

I'm surprised so many of you think rate him as highly as you do.

Are you not worried this is €40 million spunked out on a defender who has only had one good season of football?

When we were linked with him I instantly said he's not worth the money, nor is he all that good. Argentine international of course, but he looks no better than Rojo.

Biggest question - what about Denayer?

throw-our-heads-back-in-laughter.gif

I can see the headlines.. 40m euros, add in wages, agents fee and his plane ticket.

Man City splash £100m on unproven defender
Who the rags were never really interested in anyway.... Honest !!

Wonder how the deluded twunts on rag cafe will react to this one.

Probably gone into meltdown as we speak

The guy is 27 or their abouts, how come he's only came to the attention of Europe's elite now? I'd stick with Mangala, he's looking most improved
and give the young Belgium lad a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.