Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he's anything special and I don't believe there will be a shortage of decent defenders available next summer if we were to wait a year. If he was outstanding then I could understand the move but I'm not 100% convinced. I've been waiting for City to finally establish an academy - first team link. We've not had players quite able to make that step up until recently. Denayer is 100% good enough to make an impact in our first team squad. If we go out and buy another defender, particularly when we spent so much on Mangala last summer, I think that's poor decision making from our Director of Football. We've two young defenders, one with a season in the prem under his belt, one full of confidence off the back of establishing himself in the SPL and on the International stage and we'd be stalling their progression.

I didn't mean Otamendi in particular though I do think he is an excellent defender. Ultimately the powers that be will decide if they think there is a CB that is too good to risk missing out on.

Personally I think we'll stick with what we have but as there are questions marks over all our CBs at the moment, it wouldn't surprise me if they went for someone like Otamendi.

We dont need CB we all ready have 4 CB,Kompany,Mangala and Denayer in rotation and Demichelis back up because his age and contract expire end 2017 and better is for this 3 to play more together.

Unless Denayer goes on loan again? I'd love this guy. His head seems a magnet for a ball.

At the start of the transfer window, I was really hoping we'd go after this guy but since Denayer signed his 5 year deal and move up to the 1st team, I don't think we need to go out and spend another 30mil on a CB.....Denayer is an exciting talent the 5year deal he got, shows the commitment City have to him and his future in the 1st team....Denayer signing alone saved us a big chunk of money this transfer window!;)

Don't need him, I'd rather us keep a solid CB pairing with the option of Denayer and Martin to come in when rotating/injuries occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.