Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or do we loan Mangala to Valencia to sweeten the deal while we sign Otamendi? The thought of him going to our main rivals is not a good one. After one year we get our Mangala back, hopefully better. Vinnie and Otamendi would then be starters while Denayer and Demi would be subs. Based on what I've watched, Mangala is a good defender and can only get better but Otamendi is on a different level and so I think it would be criminal of us to pass up the opportunity to improve our defence.
PS: I even read sometimes ago that Valencia are interested in Mangs, so why not?

The idea sounds good to me, although I don't see Mangala ever being the player we expected. Nobody wants to say it, so we hope he will turn the corner, we blame the left back, we suggest giving him time and so on, but I look at him in one v ones, and I know the opponent is going to get a shot on goal. I see headed goals against us and I wonder where the heck he was? On the left back thing, Barry's departure made a big difference on that side. Admittedly, it isn't helping Mangala (or Kompany), but I think Otamendi would deal with it better than Mangala.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.