Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
does it help us short-term? Yes, probably, but I think it sends a bad message to the EDS and academy lads when we finally have a prospect that seems good enough for a spot in a title-challenging side and we buy a 30m player instead without even a proper chance.

Lowest priority, for me.

I think we should and then loan him out, purely to piss the dirty RAGs off.

In a much more realistic wy though he could be a good replacement for Demi when he leaves, but it'll be hard to keep them all happy rotating.

Im sure Tolmie and a few of the other ITKs would've said something about him. Unless they're not sure either.

why would they? they are not doing the fuckin negotiations are they. and change your username to sterling 7 ffs.

Oh but they were doing negotiations with Delph and Sterling were they?

And go on, instruct me on how to change my name mate.

Linking players to City seems like a strategy for optimizing deal terms. So if we don't sign him, at least we are causing that other lot in Trafford to pay a premium.

does it help us short-term? Yes, probably, but I think it sends a bad message to the EDS and academy lads when we finally have a prospect that seems good enough for a spot in a title-challenging side and we buy a 30m player instead without even a proper chance.

Lowest priority, for me.

I'm in this camp exactly. The only way we do this transfer without it costing us Denayer - who only signed a new contract last week after expressing concern about playing time - is if Otamendi replaces Mangala.

Then you have Otamendi-Kompany-Denayer as your 3 main CB's, like how Real manage to keep Varane happy with Pepe and Ramos ahead of him.

If you are knocking Denayer down to 4th choice then he will not get played, he'll get fed up and he'll leave, and we'll lose out on one of the most promising CB's of his generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.