Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talkshite were discussing whether Terry should return to the England fold for the Euro's next summer...

I've not really followed much of our transfer links to defenders as I didn't imagine we'd sign a centre back. Is it likely Demichelis is off then?! I thought he was staying for another season.

I think it's been agreed between club and MDM that if we can find suitable replacement then we will allow him to go to MLS with NYCFC which he as wanted.

With Pellegrini signing a contract extension I have my doubts MdM will be sold this season.

Last edited:
The beauty of having Demichelis is he will be happy to be a bit part/backup player now as he's reaching the end of his career so gives Mangala and Denayer more chance to break into the team. If we got rid of Demi and bought Otamendi we'd be stronger no doubt, but he would have to go straight into the first team alongside our captain. Would cause unrest with Mangala and especially Denayer struggling to get many appearances.

Imo we should leave it as it is and then next season Demi will be off and we can assess how Mangala/Denayer and Kompany even have performed over the course of the season and decide whether we need a top class CB then.

Auction in Manchester for Otamendi
Manchester City tightens the bond by the Argentine defense after his failed attempt to sign the United Godin and rejoins the auction
07.08.2015 | 04:15

j. m. bort/Valencia

After weeks of truce, Nicolas Otamendi situation took another turn yesterday. The news that arrived from England again seriously jeopardize the continuity of the Argentine defense in Valencia. The two teams Manchester City and United, the main stakeholders by the player during the summer, have redirected their attention to the international center. Indeed, one has dragged the other. City has forced his rivals to join the bidding again. He has his reasons. The pale blue shirt club (City) he closed the door yesterday the signing of Diego Godin, will continue at Atletico Madrid. Uruguayan discarded option, Otamendi is now a priority to strengthen the defense.Godin has rejected these days offer a succulent City. The club coaching Manuel Pellegrini was willing to pay 40 million euros given in the Uruguayan clause. The blue team also offered the player a succulent payroll, which substantially improved the previous: he put on the table a record of 6.5 million euros on the table.

Atletico Madrid has vowed to turn up the emoluments Godin. He will review his contractual situation, including an extension. That is the brake that stopped his move to City. The United yesterday followed closely the latest information and contacts quickly reactivated. The derby of the two Manchester teams by Otamendi was evident in social networks yesterday afternoon. One thing must clear both United and City. Whoever decides to incorporate into its ranks must thoroughly scratching your pocket. The president of Valencia, Layhoon made clear "the day of the march of Amadeo Salvo club last July 1" Otamendi the price is 50 million euros. Not a euro more or a euro less than his buyout clause brand."

On 25 May, the representative of the Valencia defense, Eugenio Lopez said on Cadena SER that the player wanted to leave and warned that the company would do everything possible to do this summer. "We talked face to face with the president (then Amadeo Salvo) and told Nico, before an offer from a club we consider to be 'top' that benefits him and his family and their future, want to leave," he said . "I know what Nicholas said in the face, not what I said. The player directly told him, "he insisted the representative, who said that Salvo told them it was not the time to talk about it, which they accepted. "A Nicholas loves Valencia is a wonderful city and a wonderful club. But when in the life of a player reaches this opportunity he will try to do everything possible to win this opportunity. You will do everything possible to get out, "then he said.

After the Copa America, Otamendi rejoined the discipline of Valencia on July 27, to leave the stay in Germany. Since the club has transmitted tranquility these days regarding the continuity of the defense. The legendary Mario Kempes said yesterday, even the official radio of the club believes Otamendi continue in the white assembly. Except movements in the coming hours, Otamendi will be presented tomorrow at the Mestalla to contest the "Orange Trophy".

http://www.levante-emv.com/valencia-cf/2015/08/07/subasta-manchester-otamendi/1299881.html (Valencia Press)

Auction in Manchester for Otamendi
Manchester City tightens the bond by the Argentine defense after his failed attempt to sign the United Godin and rejoins the auction
07.08.2015 | 04:15

j. m. bort/Valencia

After weeks of truce, Nicolas Otamendi situation took another turn yesterday. The news that arrived from England again seriously jeopardize the continuity of the Argentine defense in Valencia. The two teams Manchester City and United, the main stakeholders by the player during the summer, have redirected their attention to the international center. Indeed, one has dragged the other. City has forced his rivals to join the bidding again. He has his reasons. The pale blue shirt club (City) he closed the door yesterday the signing of Diego Godin, will continue at Atletico Madrid. Uruguayan discarded option, Otamendi is now a priority to strengthen the defense.Godin has rejected these days offer a succulent City. The club coaching Manuel Pellegrini was willing to pay 40 million euros given in the Uruguayan clause. The blue team also offered the player a succulent payroll, which substantially improved the previous: he put on the table a record of 6.5 million euros on the table.

Atletico Madrid has vowed to turn up the emoluments Godin. He will review his contractual situation, including an extension. That is the brake that stopped his move to City. The United yesterday followed closely the latest information and contacts quickly reactivated. The derby of the two Manchester teams by Otamendi was evident in social networks yesterday afternoon. One thing must clear both United and City. Whoever decides to incorporate into its ranks must thoroughly scratching your pocket. The president of Valencia, Layhoon made clear "the day of the march of Amadeo Salvo club last July 1" Otamendi the price is 50 million euros. Not a euro more or a euro less than his buyout clause brand."

On 25 May, the representative of the Valencia defense, Eugenio Lopez said on Cadena SER that the player wanted to leave and warned that the company would do everything possible to do this summer. "We talked face to face with the president (then Amadeo Salvo) and told Nico, before an offer from a club we consider to be 'top' that benefits him and his family and their future, want to leave," he said . "I know what Nicholas said in the face, not what I said. The player directly told him, "he insisted the representative, who said that Salvo told them it was not the time to talk about it, which they accepted. "A Nicholas loves Valencia is a wonderful city and a wonderful club. But when in the life of a player reaches this opportunity he will try to do everything possible to win this opportunity. You will do everything possible to get out, "then he said.

After the Copa America, Otamendi rejoined the discipline of Valencia on July 27, to leave the stay in Germany. Since the club has transmitted tranquility these days regarding the continuity of the defense. The legendary Mario Kempes said yesterday, even the official radio of the club believes Otamendi continue in the white assembly. Except movements in the coming hours, Otamendi will be presented tomorrow at the Mestalla to contest the "Orange Trophy".

http://www.levante-emv.com/valencia-cf/2015/08/07/subasta-manchester-otamendi/1299881.html (Valencia Press)

Cheers Universidad.

I do get the feeling we are looking at a defender and Otamendi would be perfect.

I think it's been agreed between club and MDM that if we can find suitable replacement then we will allow him to go to MLS with NYCFC which he as wanted.
Don't think NYCFC is an option since the transfer window here in the states closed yesterday. If he comes now, he would have to be a free agent & not under contract.

That said, I thought Argentina was his preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.