Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
City Watch ‏@City_Watch
Monday's Superdeporte cover: "Otamendi will be a Manchester City player today - Mangala and Marcos Lopes arrive".

The dumbest deal I've heard, why would we send Mangala out on loan when he struggled last year through his lack of knowledge of the league but has recently showed improvement from late last season and the start of this season. Then we go out and loan him to a different league. Txiki has been appalling this summer.

La Liga and the PL aren't all that different. Mangala's weakness is against technical STs, not against brutes like Costa, and the only real difference between the 2 leagues is there are less brutes and more technical forwards over there.

It could be a really good experience for him.

If it's true.

Personally would prefer to send Denayer on loan to Everton if/when they lose Stones but who knows what's going on?

I simply don't want to believe this piece of news. Mangala struggled all season last year but as seen in our first two games he improving and gaining his confidence back. So why send him out on loan into a different league, played at a relatively slower pace, which is the main reason he struggled in his first season, just to pave way for a 27 year old who has no experience in the premiership, no pre-season with the team and two weeks late. if for anything at all there should be any moving it should be Denayer instead as he is young and inexperienced and will do greatly with a year loan at Valencia.

I simply don't want to believe this piece of news. Mangala struggled all season last year but as seen in our first two games he improving and gaining his confidence back. So why send him out on loan into a different league, played at a relatively slower pace, which is the main reason he struggled in his first season, just to pave way for a 27 year old who has no experience in the premiership, no pre-season with the team and two weeks late. if for anything at all there should be any moving it should be Denayer instead as he is young and inexperienced and will do greatly with a year loan at Valencia.
I know what you mean. I feel the same way. The club knows best I guess, but I am heartbroken for the kid if true.

I know what you mean. I feel the same way. The club knows best I guess, but I am heartbroken for the kid if true.
Yeah Brav. Really disheartening especially with demichelis having to come in during the period Otamendi will need to settle. Just throws away the balance and stability of the team especially after such a confident start and hurting Mangalas confidence as well.

Yeah Brav. Really disheartening especially with demichelis having to come in during the period Otamendi will need to settle. Just throws away the balance and stability of the team especially after such a confident start and hurting Mangalas confidence as well.
This, This is by far the most insane decision the club has done since appointing Hughes. Im not only disappointed but chocked and upset.

Hi Citizenz, Im from Argentina and my club is Velez Sarsfield, Otamendi´s former club. You need to know that he is really a world class CB, he is the best argentinean CB, he was chosen in La Liga Best Team and in the Copa America Best Team too. I have never seen a CB like him, and i think that with Kompany they will make a great deffense!
Cheers! and from now I became a Citizen too

Mangala did not struggle all season last year. Pundits said so, but they saw "large transfer fee" + "city player" and pretty much opened fire. To me, he had some sketchy matches but really was quite good overall and down the stretch in particular. And look at the clean sheets statistics with him playing versus him not. Certainly does not support the rag/dipper/sky pundit view if nothing else.

Now I am not going to rubbish the club's decision-making if this is true. They know best and have a track record that obviously should be respected. I am just really unhappy to hear that this is the plan if it truly is. I think this guy can be one of the best central defenders in the world and he is right here at a young age and apparently happy. So we are going to loan him to fucking La Liga in order to bring in another guy who you could buy outright for less than we spent on Mangala? Oh, and to a club that also owes us 20+ mil to begin with. That too.

Loan someone else for fucks sake. Keep the mangler in our family!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.