Other fans perceptions of us.

The part in bold is bollocks mate. Southgate chose who would take the penalties, nothing to do with the players

You're correct he did. I'm sure he might have had quiet words beforehand though and been told "I'd rather not" before deciding out of the ones still willing to take them he'd choose. He might of course just be defending the ones who said, "Fuck that!" when asked. So if you're among the three now getting abuse for missing, how do you think they will feel next time it comes around?

You're correct he did. I'm sure he might have had quiet words beforehand though and been told "I'd rather not" before deciding out of the ones still willing to take them he'd choose. He might of course just be defending the ones who said, "Fuck that!" when asked. So if you're among the three now getting abuse for missing, how do you think they will feel next time it comes around?
As a professional footballer, I’d expect them to feel confident enough to step up & take one if told to. Even if not told to & what you say is correct with Southgate having a word beforehand (which I don’t believe is correct) if it gets past the first 5 takers they’d have to take one anyway

As a professional footballer, I’d expect them to feel confident enough to step up & take one if told to. Even if not told to & what you say is correct with Southgate having a word beforehand (which I don’t believe is correct) if it gets past the first 5 takers they’d have to take one anyway

Nobody knows what was said we weren't there, so it's speculation on my part and yours, I guess we have to take him at his word.

Professional footballers are still human. It's enough pressure stepping up to take a penalty as it is, without knowing thousands of morons will give you abuse for it if you miss.

Nobody knows what was said we weren't there, so it's speculation on my part and yours, I guess we have to take him at his word.

Professional footballers are still human. It's enough pressure stepping up to take a penalty as it is, without knowing thousands of morons will give you abuse for it if you miss.
Indeed you are quite correct

One answer is don’t miss the target. If a bloke who kicks a football for a living fails to kick said football in the direction of a 24 foot by 8 foot target from 36 feet away, he is not doing his job properly.

We had a few pints in the ground after the game. What struck me was that even two hours after the final whistle when we finally came out, there were still literally thousands of Spurs fans around the ground waving flags and quite literally dancing in the middle of the road.
City are fucking MASSIVE

You need to put massive in bold and enlarge the font.

We had a few pints in the ground after the game. What struck me was that even two hours after the final whistle when we finally came out, there were still literally thousands of Spurs fans around the ground waving flags and quite literally dancing in the middle of the road.
City are fucking MASSIVE

It was their cup final, biggest result of the season for them, unless they beat Arsenal.

Must be hard being the 5th biggest club in your own city though. It naturally creates an inferiority complex.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.