Ouija Board Experiences

berger10

So, has anyone ever done a ouija board and what were your experiences.

I bought a ouija board a few years ago when I was throwing a Halloween party at my house.

We did it sat on the floor in the living room in candle light with Most Haunted on in the background. You know, trying to set an atmosphere!
There was 'activity' on the board which we all mistook as another messing about...though nobody owned up. It wasnt much but we wrote it down anyway. When asked if 'they' knew anybody in the room, my initials came up, but a either of the other 5 people taking part would know that.

The next day I was discussing the 'results' with my mum, who pointed out the age would have been the age of my nanna. My mum also noticed that the letters the 'spirit' provided as their name 'CLA'...could have been spelling part of the nickname my Grandad gave my nanna, 'Granny Clampet' A few seconds after indicating 'A', the plinth started moving round and round the board and then stopped and that was the end. When looking at it this way, and knowing my initials came up, I have to think that maybe something really happened.

For the further three months I lived in that house, I was a bit 'spooked' after seeing 'something' in the bedroom...it was like a strip of white mist that went across the room and I still dont know whether my ex partner was agreeing she saw it to freak me out, or whether she actually did see it. From then on, I felt really unsettled and sold the ouija board before moving into my new house.

I still dont know whether this was paranormal or psychological, but it would be interesting to hear others experiences and whether the are sceptic etc

Never done it mysef, and never would. But I had a friend at school whose whole family used to get together and do the board every Friday night. The all of a sudden one day she came into school saying something really frightening had happened with it this time and that they would never be doing it again. And they never did. Neither would any of them discuss what had happened.

Despite years and years of trying and thousands and thousands of studies into the Occult and paranormal activities there is not a single shred of evidence for its existence. Moreover, there is plenty of proof that any 'paranormal' events can be explained through science or the fallibility of human nature (cheating or delusion).

I have been at peoples houses using ouija boards when I was younger and it seemed to move in a convincing way. We then went through the ritual of interpreting what the various letters might mean. Years later, people confessed to pushing the glass/pointer.

I used to wonder about this sort of stuff all the time but the more I read and see, the more I think it is all complete claptrap. All of it.

I wouldn't dare try it to be honest. I would shit my self if it suggested there were spirits in the House.

i did it with some mates when about 9 or 10 years old..it lasted about 10 minutes becauses what happened shit everyone up.we used an upturned glass and it did move..feck knows how and went to the first 2 letters of my grandad although i didnt tell anyone. believe me it shit us all up.moral of the tale..dont mess with the unknown

It's not the unknown though. There have been masses of studies that prove it is all horseshit.

There is a simple repeatable experiment which has proven over and over that ouija boards do not talk to spirits. Blindfold the users of the ouija board and turn the board upside down without them knowing it. Of course the spirits they are communicating with are not blindfolded, so they shouldn't be confused. However, you will get non-sense 100% of the time, which proves that the people are moving the planchette, not ghosts.

Sultana of Brunei said:
Despite years and years of trying and thousands and thousands of studies into the Occult and paranormal activities there is not a single shred of evidence for its existence. Moreover, there is plenty of proof that any 'paranormal' events can be explained through science or the fallibility of human nature (cheating or delusion).

I have been at peoples houses using ouija boards when I was younger and it seemed to move in a convincing way. We then went through the ritual of interpreting what the various letters might mean. Years later, people confessed to pushing the glass/pointer.

I used to wonder about this sort of stuff all the time but the more I read and see, the more I think it is all complete claptrap. All of it.

Now there is a sweeping statement, there are plenty of things that remain unexplained, don't confuse coming up with a theory as to coming up with an answer, I well remember a scientist saying that Crop Circles were the result of rutting hedgehogs!

Just where are the studies of the occult? There has never been a serious study of the occult! If you want to read a seriouse study and I mean a seriouse study, try reading Colin Wilson

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Occult-Ultimate-Book-Those-Would/dp/184293080X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1257018066&sr=8-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.co.uk/Occult-Ultimate ... 066&sr=8-1</a>

messing with the unknown not for me, but my mum and her sisters went through a phase of doing it for a while until strange things started to happen at my aunties house light bulbs falling out of light fittings etc and a dark figure on the stairs put the shits up them they did think they were in touch with there dad my grandad but in the end they were not sure and the things that happened freaked them out

i stayed at my aunts house with my then girlfriend now the wife while my aunt was away, was supposed to be there a fornight lasted three nights all kinds of weird stuff went on, heard a cat meowing outside the bedroom door no cat, very bad smell in the bedroom we were sleeping in only there at night and on and off, wardrobe door kept opening on its own, thought we had broke the patio doors but worked fine for my aunt on her return all this really freaked us out.

i later found out after talking to my cousin who had left home at the time of us staying that it was her bedroom and when she was a kid she had what every one thought was an imaginary friend who she used to talk to when playing, she also confirmed that the wardrobe door would open on its own when she was there even though the wardrobe was not faulty in any way, this freaked me out even more never went to my aunts house again after our experiances and she has now moved

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.