Matt the Giant said:
Jack Wills said:
..........................Hart
Zab.....Kompany......Mangala....Kolarov
.....................Fernando
..........Yaya...............Fernandinho
......Nasri....................Silva
.....................Aguero

Would be my pick, and formation, as well. One up top.

I agree, I can definitely seeing that team playing in CL. That front 5 is frightening!

Normal/home games:

----------------------------Hart

Zabaleta----Kompany-------Mangala----Kolarov

----------------Fernandinho---Yaya--------------

------Silva---------------------------------Nasri

---------------Aguero---Negredo/Jovetic

Dzeko had a good end to the season but Aguero and Negredo were brilliant as a partnership before injuries. I would like to see how Aguero and Jovetic would do as a partnership also.

Tougher/Away games:

----------------------------Hart

Zabaleta------Kompany-----Mangala--------Clichy

--------------------------Fernando

-------------------Yaya-------Fernandinho

-----Silva------------------------------------------Nasri

---------------------------Aguero

----------------------------------------------Hart

-------------------------Kompany-------------------Mangala
----Zabaleta----------------------------------------------------------------Kolarov

----------------------------------------------------Fernandinho
-------------------------------Yaya Toure
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Nasri
----------------Silva

------------------------------------------------------------Jovetic
-----------------------------------------Aguero

Caballero, Sagna, Demichelis, Fernando, Lampard, Navas, Dzeko

KiLP12 said:
I didn't know which thread to put this on either the United thread or this one, but this one seems better as it's talking about XI's. Anyways, the author is most definitely a United fan. Please see and laugh at this because I'm actually astounded and wanted to share:
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/08/12/combined-xis-manchester-united-vs-manchester-city/
Not a terribly biased, I mean Johnny Evans is a joke and they haven't really matched them up very well. How did they get Silva vs Welbeck and Fernandinho vs Mata?

A fairer comparison:

Hart vs De Gea
Zabaleta vs Rafael
Kompany vs Smalling
Mangala vs Evans
Kolarov vs Shaw
Yaya Toure vs Fellaini
Fernandinho vs Herrera
Silva vs Mata
Jovetic vs Welbeck
Aguero vs Rooney
Dzeko vs Van Persie (If he can stay fit)

Pellegrini vs Van Gaal (Pellegrini is the current Premier League champion)

I don't think we have a best 11. The most effective 11 to play Newcastle won't be the same as the best 11 to play Chelsea. Against some we will need Dzeko's aerial presence and against others it will be Jovetic with his quick feet and clever movement. Sometimes we'll need a three man midfield and other times we'd be best with the extra player up top.
What we do have is a fantastic squad that if utilised correctly will be enough to see off anybody.

Deepest Blue said:
BlueDeadHead said:
Dynamo11 said:
------------------Hart-
Zaba--Nastasic-Kompany--Kolarov
--------Fernandinho--Yaya-
-------Milner--Silva--Nasri-----------
---------------Aguero-------------

Couple of things, I still wish we had Barry or Big Nigel, from what I saw of Fernando it seems we're still missing that defensive rock to go alongside Fernandinho.
Nastasic was class in 12/13, I refuse to believe that his injures have cost him that quality. Thus he's included. Mangala isn't because I haven't seen him play and, to be honest, I think he's highly overrated.
Aguero, when fit, will always be our best striker. There can be no argument from anyone there.
Milner came in because he's a workhorse down that right and is okay to slot back when Fernandinho or Yaya goes forward. Our other option is Navas who was inconsistent last season. Saw too many duff games to cancel out the great.

That is a bizarre statement.
As is the implication that Fernando can't do the job we bought him for on the evidence of a couple of prestigious friendlies.

Especially when he is protecting the defense we have been putting out in those friendlies. I expect Fernando to look a lot better with Kompany, Zabs, and Mangala behind him.

stony said:
I don't think we have a best 11. The most effective 11 to play Newcastle won't be the same as the best 11 to play Chelsea. Against some we will need Dzeko's aerial presence and against others it will be Jovetic with his quick feet and clever movement. Sometimes we'll need a three man midfield and other times we'd be best with the extra player up top.
What we do have is a fantastic squad that if utilised correctly will be enough to see off anybody.

I agree. We have so many potentially wonderful starting 11's and formations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.