Our best player?

Breaker said:
CTID Chris said:
You can't say that on here!! Tevez is god!!

Iniesta - Villa - Messi

Silva - Balo - Tevez

Where is our weakness? begins with a T...

Tevez plays in the middle, not Balo..and either way it's madness to say Balo is on the same level as Villa right now.

You're either underestimating Balo or overestimating villa, and I'm referring to general ability on the ball of the three main attackers of each team... For what we want our team to do, Tevez is the weakness. (I've not said he is a bad player, just not right for our system as it evolves)

Daveth said:
Mancio said:
no any chance he can walk into a Barca side , only balotelli can do it.

I think Tevez would get in over Villa and Pedro, however given what I've seen so far Balotelli would only get in over Pedro. The guy clearly has potential to improve though, just needs to work on his petulance / temper.

for play into barca two things are required : perfect first touch and absolute unselfishness.

tevez does'nt have the required touch and most of all he is too greedy for barca's mentality of play.

dref619 said:
CTID Chris said:
Sorry mate - you'll see over the rest of the season. :)

You're welcome to your opinion, I'm welcome to mine.

you are welcome to yours, but it is lunacy, tevez is our most important player, and balotelli is nowhere near the level where he can be considered in tevez's league, maybe one day, but not right now

As I've said, you'll see over the rest of the season. :P

A few months ago, AJ was god on here.. now the majority of bluemoon has mustered an objective opinion which is near the opposite of that.

absolute madness, tevez has scored 10 of our 21 league goals we would b nowhere without him, to say he is the weak link is rediculous, balo is young and promising but he isnt in the same league as tevez atm, "on the ball" he is far more productive

Tevez is our best player for me, scores most of our goals and you notice a big difference when he is not playing.

CTID Chris said:
For what we want our team to do, Tevez is the weakness. (I've not said he is a bad player, just not right for our system as it evolves)

That's probably because you put Tevez on the wing and Balotelli as the striker. It should be the other way round..

tyqmvko said:
Tevez is our best player for me, scores most of our goals and you notice a big difference when he is not playing.

CTID Chris said:
For what we want our team to do, Tevez is the weakness. (I've not said he is a bad player, just not right for our system as it evolves)

That's probably because you put Tevez on the wing and Balotelli as the striker. It should be the other way round..

It wasn't supposed to illustrate the 'positions', just to show three of the main attacking players of each team with comparable players.

Tevez and Balo are both strikers, Villa and Messi are both strikers. Villa comes in off the wing like Balo, Messi often drops deep like Tevez. Thats as far as the direct comparison of positions goes. Silva and Iniesta are pretty much twins, and I think Silva can become as good as Iniesta (who I think is awesome, vastly underrated, and one of the very best players in the world).

Balo, Silva and Yaya play football in a very similar way. Tevez plays differently to them, and doesn't fit in to the style of play which Mancini is teaching us to play. To go on and win every possible competition, I imagine Tevez will be replaced by a faster striker with better ball control and passing ability. Tevez is good for now while we are in a transitional phase, he is banging goals in for himself, but the team will benefit more if we find a suitable replacement to progress.

(I have a feeling someone with much better writing skills will be able to deliver a similar point of view over the next few weeks/months)

SambaStyle said:
Tevez? Silva? Yaya? De Jong? Kompany?Balotelli?

up for debate, interested to see who the majority think.

To be honest I'm just enjoying having a team where one player isn't a cut above the rest and carrying ten other shite players. Competition for places has to be as strong now at city as anywhere else. Even when Toure went off injured, experienced intenational in lescott to come in and take his place. Wouldn't swap Kompany, De Jong, Silva or Tevez for anyone. Young squad aswell. The future is looking good!!

Mancio said:
NewbBlue said:
Depends what you mean by best.

In my mind, Carlos Tevez has to be our best player. He is the only player who would walk into any side in the world, Real Madrid and Barca included.

no any chance he can walk into a Barca side , only balotelli can do it.

Carlos Tevez can't play in front of Pedro? lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.