Our best player?

Its funny how overrated Tevez is on here. Hes good but "walk into any side" bollocks. There are plenty strikers I would happily take over tevez.
He spent most of the match today in midfield or disapeared out on the wing.

Silva is by far our best player.

I think it just shows how strong our squad is these days, when we can't decide on a unanimous decision. Every player in every position is of a very high quality. When in recent times have we been able to choose from so many top players ? There have always been stand out players - SWP - Barton - Tevez (last season).

But in my opinion .....

The best technical player is Silva - the most important player we have is Tevez without any doubt whatsoever. We have nobody else in our squad who will contribute more goals than he will right now, Balotelli maybe in the future but right now there is nobody else that we have that can score the goals he does.

CTID Chris said:
tyqmvko said:
Tevez is our best player for me, scores most of our goals and you notice a big difference when he is not playing.

That's probably because you put Tevez on the wing and Balotelli as the striker. It should be the other way round..

It wasn't supposed to illustrate the 'positions', just to show three of the main attacking players of each team with comparable players.

Tevez and Balo are both strikers, Villa and Messi are both strikers. Villa comes in off the wing like Balo, Messi often drops deep like Tevez. Thats as far as the direct comparison of positions goes. Silva and Iniesta are pretty much twins, and I think Silva can become as good as Iniesta (who I think is awesome, vastly underrated, and one of the very best players in the world).

Balo, Silva and Yaya play football in a very similar way. Tevez plays differently to them, and doesn't fit in to the style of play which Mancini is teaching us to play. To go on and win every possible competition, I imagine Tevez will be replaced by a faster striker with better ball control and passing ability. Tevez is good for now while we are in a transitional phase, he is banging goals in for himself, but the team will benefit more if we find a suitable replacement to progress.

(I have a feeling someone with much better writing skills will be able to deliver a similar point of view over the next few weeks/months)

I respect your opinion but I as hard as I try I honestly cannot understand how Tevez is the weak point in our attack. You say we need a "faster striker with better ball control and passing ability" and fair enough he's not the fastest, but imo you're underestimating his ball control. Just because he can't control a ball as good as the likes of Silva, Balotelli etc doesn't mean he's out of place. It's the same at Barcelona, as Messi and Iniesta have sublime control that makes Villa's control look amateurish. But he is still good at controlling the ball which is the same with Tevez.

And considering we have looked quite clueless without Tevez in the team this season I'd say the team more or less depends on him being there rather than benefit from his absence.

Just out of interest, who do you think would be the "suitable replacement" for Tevez?

tyqmvko said:
CTID Chris said:
It wasn't supposed to illustrate the 'positions', just to show three of the main attacking players of each team with comparable players.

Tevez and Balo are both strikers, Villa and Messi are both strikers. Villa comes in off the wing like Balo, Messi often drops deep like Tevez. Thats as far as the direct comparison of positions goes. Silva and Iniesta are pretty much twins, and I think Silva can become as good as Iniesta (who I think is awesome, vastly underrated, and one of the very best players in the world).

Balo, Silva and Yaya play football in a very similar way. Tevez plays differently to them, and doesn't fit in to the style of play which Mancini is teaching us to play. To go on and win every possible competition, I imagine Tevez will be replaced by a faster striker with better ball control and passing ability. Tevez is good for now while we are in a transitional phase, he is banging goals in for himself, but the team will benefit more if we find a suitable replacement to progress.

(I have a feeling someone with much better writing skills will be able to deliver a similar point of view over the next few weeks/months)

I respect your opinion but I as hard as I try I honestly cannot understand how Tevez is the weak point in our attack. You say we need a "faster striker with better ball control and passing ability" and fair enough he's not the fastest, but imo you're underestimating his ball control. Just because he can't control a ball as good as the likes of Silva, Balotelli etc doesn't mean he's out of place. It's the same at Barcelona, as Messi and Iniesta have sublime control that makes Villa's control look amateurish. But he is still good at controlling the ball which is the same with Tevez.

And considering we have looked quite clueless without Tevez in the team this season I'd say the team more or less depends on him being there rather than benefit from his absence.

Just out of interest, who do you think would be the "suitable replacement" for Tevez?

Fernando ?

It's getting more and more difficult to pick one above the rest. last season it was easily Tevez but now we have all the following who are World Class... IMO

Hart
Kompany
de Jong
Silva
Balotelli
Yaya
Tevez

With these I'd say that the following would also walk into most other PL teams..

Boateng
Kolo
Kolarov
Barry
Milner
Johnson
Adebayor
Zaba
Given
Lescott
Richards

Not a bad state of affairs is it?

Silva for me, he's praised city and his decision to move to City, He refused an offer from Mourino to move to Real Madrid, According to the articles about city that i'm reading he has a strong work ethic and keeps his head down, I can see him being a city legend and i hope he does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.