Our Club is changing

I noticed a Chinese looking family sat near us yesterday. You could tell they weren't typical City fans as they smiled happily throughout the game and were obviously enjoying the occasion instead of waiting nervously for City to score to relieve the tension.

If we win the Champions League we will increase our foreign fanbase tenfold IMO. A large part of Liverpool's global fanbase is actually a direct result of their 2005 CL win, not their 'history' before that.

Obviously we probably aren't winning the CL this year (sorry, realism rather than pessimism) but if we did, it'd be a great moment in time to achieve as not only would it set the historical precedent of first team entrants winning it, but it'd come at a time when Barca looked completely invincible.

on weds night, to the left of me were two lads who appeared to be greek at first, they seemed to be footie fans as they were very excitable and generally anjoying themselves but the strange thing was every time the new keeper Pantilion (sorry not sure of spelling) they got very excited (is he romanian). i didnt think he was very well known.

to the right were 3 chinese, who were just taking photos and generally looking quite confused about goings on. strange thing was 2nd half there were 3 different chinese on my right.

its all quite strange.

Blue Si O.B said:
shadygiz said:
i've seen an increasing number of spanish fans in and around the ground.
there was some right dodgy looking **** sat below me looked like a gypsy. oh wait that was you ;) fucking gloryseeker lol

lol...gypsy is such a harsh word ;p

i prefer the term nomadic. btw, you're the one eating fuckin goat curry not me ;p

cant stand glory hunters, thats one of the main reasons why I have such hatred for united, like the previous poster said Id rather have 8,000 empty seasts and 40,000 real fans

Blue Si O.B said:
shadygiz said:
i've seen an increasing number of spanish fans in and around the ground.
there was some right dodgy looking **** sat below me looked like a gypsy. oh wait that was you ;) fucking gloryseeker lol

Why would a gypsy come to a football match... surely they'd know what the score was before the game anyway..

LOL!

This is a big myth that we are now suddenly big around the world and we now have shitloads of Glory seekers, often described as Asian looking people taking photos

Didn't Sun Jihai make like 100+ appearances for us, Thus increasing a big interest over there? Sure I know he wasn't a Striker banging in goals every day but he made alot of national appearances and the Chinese were aware of him.....

You'll get many South Koreans going to the Reebok now since Lee Chung-Yong signed for Bolton.

I help run North Bury Supp. Club and also happen to administer the website..... The third biggest visitors that come to the website are Bosnian.

This would not be the case if Dzeko didn't play for us.... So are they really glory seekers, or just fanatical about their players/country?

I know if a local lad from Bury (Kieran Trippier) became a world wide star playing for Real Madrid or something I'd show a bigger active interest in R.Madrid and probably watch most of their games.

I wouldn't be a gloryseeker for R.Madrid, just someone who has an interest in them.

There are many people though who have for whatever reason drifted away from matchgoing, local people who have stopped watching City over the years have now started coming back.
So are they gloryseekers even though they watched us get relegated to the 2nd division many years ago?

Many blues have this chip on their shoulder as though this club is their's and only their's, nobody else can support it if you are not from around here, never went to this or that game and so on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.