Our Club is changing

bluebannana said:
cant stand glory hunters, thats one of the main reasons why I have such hatred for united, like the previous poster said Id rather have 8,000 empty seasts and 40,000 real fans

How do you think Khaldoon and Mansour would feel about this with our global vision?

As Uber blue said I think we need to keep our identity and not forget the bad times but you have to move forward with the times and a chinese families money is just as good as an Englishmans money

The city name is certainly widening from a merchandising perspective. Flew from heathrow t5 last week and the sports shop was selling the usual top 4 kits. City was the draw to the shop with its own display. The printed players named shirts were messi, rooney, ronaldo, ageuro, tevez, nasri and silva. Certainly becoming more popular if airports are mainly stocking city kits.

How do you think Khaldoon and Mansour would feel about this with our global vision?

As Uber blue said I think we need to keep our identity and not forget the bad times but you have to move forward with the times and a chinese families money is just as good as an Englishmans money[/quote]

not got any problem with chinese family being here, just the fact that they only support us when were winning I think it's false and frankly sad. Id hate to end up like chelsea or the rags , they used to have class support at home, but now its mainly just prawn eating, photo taking glory hunters who at the first sign of bad form, are no where to be seen :)

bluebannana said:

As Uber blue said I think we need to keep our identity and not forget the bad times but you have to move forward with the times and a chinese families money is just as good as an Englishmans money

not got any problem with chinese family being here, just the fact that they only support us when were winning I think it's false and frankly sad. Id hate to end up like chelsea or the rags , they used to have class support at home, but now its mainly just prawn eating, photo taking glory hunters who at the first sign of bad form, are no where to be seen :)[/quote]

Yes but all we need to worry about is that if and when they do Fuck off,the likes of you ,me and most of the loyal hardcore blues will still be there as we always have been. Let them come/let them spend I for one dont have an issue with it.

Those who would take 40k supporters and 8k empty seats. Would you also want to change Serigio Aguero, David Silva, Samir Nasri, Yaya Toure, Edin Dzeko etc....

To all kinds of avarge premier league players and say goodbye to CL and competing for trophies? Because that's what would happen without a global growing following.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
I don't want them.

Give me 40,000 real fans and 8,000 empty seats any day.

Hate glory hunters, always have at United and not gonna change now we're getting some.

Fortunately your view doesn't count for jack. Do you think our owner doesn't want to see us self sufficient or would you rather he kept putting cash in to spare your sensibilities, oh and the small case of ffp, not to mention how cool it will be when we can do that.

Many countries dont treat football like we do, like its mentioned the Spanish go now, they like good football and since they are at uni here we play some of the best in the land, seems reasonable to me they come to watch.
Casual fans do not eat sleep drink footy like many of us do, but find it a great pastime. When im in the USA and go to sports event there for example, you get welcomed warmly and non of the hardcore fans they have say a bad word (they are more interested in chanting for the team they support not worrying about others).

I welcome them myself, i consider myself a proper fan but would welcome chatting with say a barca fan who chose to come and watch us play because he was studying here say.

If you can understand some people treat it as a nice thing but not needed for them to exist then you will see they are not such a bad proposition especially if they support us, buying a city mug or scalf, it all helps.

Example: next year 3 spanish brothers i know (used to err know their mum rather well) will all come to uni in manchester, i bought and sent them City tops due to the fact they called me asking all about city "Will you show us where to buy tickets so we can watch Silva, Is David playing well, Did Kun score etc etc" all this interest is from 3 Barca supporting lads yet they are more interested in us atm and not arsed about the rags.
Ill be taking them to many games and hope they are well recieved by other blues.

TCIB said:
Grand Master Ram Rod said:
I don't want them.

Give me 40,000 real fans and 8,000 empty seats any day.

Hate glory hunters, always have at United and not gonna change now we're getting some.

Fortunately your view doesn't count for jack. Do you think our owner doesn't want to see us self sufficient or would you rather he kept putting cash in to spare your sensibilities, oh and the small case of ffp, not to mention how cool it will be when we can do that.

Many countries dont treat football like we do, like its mentioned the Spanish go now, they like good football and since they are at uni here we play some of the best in the land, seems reasonable to me they come to watch.
Casual fans do not eat sleep drink footy like many of us do, but find it a great pastime. When im in the USA and go to sports event there for example, you get welcomed warmly and non of the hardcore fans they have say a bad word (they are more interested in chanting for the team they support not worrying about others).

I welcome them myself, i consider myself a proper fan but would welcome chatting with say a barca fan who chose to come and watch us play because he was studying here say.

If you can understand some people treat it as a nice thing but not needed for them to exist then you will see they are not such a bad proposition especially if they support us, buying a city mug or scalf, it all helps.

Absolutely 100% mate...As I previosuly stated any race/religions money is as good as mine when they are buying mugs/tops/flags/tickets etc...Against Napoli I saw literally hundreds of italian fans buying merchandise etc...I love seeing new fans at the ground of different nationalities....It means we are slowly becoming bigger and bigger.This argument about only true blues come from Manchester is just utter rubbish. Yes we have a hardcore of 30-40k I would say but I hope our fan base grows and grows...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.