Our current Uefa coeficient ranking

I think it's the Ukrainian champs would miss out, as having the 8th highest league ranking.

I may be wrong, or it may not be relevant till 2017-18 but Kiev did as well as PSV and Shaktar are well poised for a Europa semi. Perhaps boosting them above the Dutch or Russians.

Regardless we'd be in pot 1 as CL winner, as would Leicester.

Personally i'm far more concerned with the EPL coeff than ours.
-looked at the updated #'s for 16-17 and the Italians are more or less tied with us.
-we absolutely must out perform them in Europa and Champions next season or we are looking at losing the 4th spot.... which would be...umm...no bueno.
As England has three more games atleast this season and Italy have none, we should move a bit ahead of them yet.

Based on current league positions:
Pot 1 will be: Barcelona, Bayern, PSG, Benfica, Juventus, Leicester, CSKA and either us, Athletico, Real Madrid or Dynamo Kiev(if Bayern win the CL).
Pot 2 will be Real Madrid, Athletico, us (or the 2 that don't win the CL), Dortmund, Arsenal, Porto, Napoli, Levekusen and Basel(if Bayern don't win the CL)
If the rags get 4th instead of us they'll only be in pot 2 if Bayern don't win the CL otherwise they'll be in Pot 3 (assuming positions in the other leagues don't change).

Personally i'm far more concerned with the EPL coeff than ours.
-looked at the updated #'s for 16-17 and the Italians are more or less tied with us.
-we absolutely must out perform them in Europa and Champions next season or we are looking at losing the 4th spot.... which would be...umm...no bueno.
Don't worry about 4th spot next season we will finish top 3,I would put money on that.

As England has three more games atleast this season and Italy have none, we should move a bit ahead of them yet.

Not really. I think those 7 pts max are then divided by 7 (7 English teams this season in Europe) and then 5 (as it's averaged across 5 years).

Edit: sorry, make that divided by 8, we have 8 teams in Europe apparently.

i don't think most supporters in general understand that Champions and Europa are accounted for equally in the Coeff.
-that's the only reason the Italians are close to us.

This year i see:
Europa
ManU (winning FA cup and getting a Europa spot)
West Ham (getting the spot opened up by Man U)

Champions
Foxes (this is not good for EPL coeff....)
Spurs
Gunners
Us
(Cesspool also possible if they win the Europa, which would be great for England...but unlikely)

With Man U and West Ham, we should actually be able to do some damage in the Europa, especially if everyone realizes how close the league is to losing that 4th spot ($$$$$) in the upcoming years. At least with the influx of $$$ from the TV contract, West Ham can reinforce their squad so they don't have to tank again....

There's at least one EL space more there, probably Liverpool, as the league cup place will effectively revert to the league if City are in the top 6.
5th, FA Cup, League Cup.

Coeff points are:

Match points:
2 per win from group stages onwards, regardless of competition or opponent.
1 per draw from group stages onwards, regardless of competition or opponent.
(I think 50% of those for qualifying stage matches)

Bonus points:
4 pts for being in the CL group (the major bonus for being in the CL not the EL)
5 pts for making CL R16 (a direct balance for the extra round in the EL offering 5 extra points potentially)
1 pt for every round progressed beyond CL R16 or EL R32.

As i am led to believe if cesspool win Europa that gains a champs league place this meaning 4th place misses out this year so we dont want that just in case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.