Our current Uefa coeficient ranking

Liverpool being in the champion's league won't help, if we have five teams they'll divide the total points gained by 5. We'd have a better coefficient with 3 strong teams.
Europa League teams are included in that as well.

Maybe. 4 point bonus just for making the group stages though. And another 5 if they fluke it out of the group stages. Thats worth 4 wins and a draw in Europa.
So 0.8 points in a group that could contain Bayern and Atleti?

So 0.8 points in a group that could contain Bayern and Atleti?
Maybe. They may get an easier draw. Or might make it into Europa again where they can pick up more points.

To be honest I'm not fussed about the co-efficient. I don't see England as being in any trouble in the short to medium term.

I'd rather they didnt qualify because in general they're an obnoxious entitled set of gobshites and I'm afraid the tidal wave of jizz if they won it might endanger life and property in Manchester.

Firstly, I don't understand why us English people are so pessimistic, we shouldn't be looking over our shoulder, we should be looking ahead to a vulnerable German league that looks set to fall from grace, now that Pep is leaving, Dortmund aren't the force they were a few years ago and the better players are moving abroad, I'm certain they'll begin to plummet. England has gone through it's low end of the cycle and seem to be heading back the right way. Italy on the other hand is similar to Germany, being dominated by Juve is terrible for them, it decreases the competition and encourages players to leave clubs like AC/Inter/Napoli/Roma/Fiorientina which in theory should make it harder for them in Europe. As England have shown, it's better to have 4 good teams then one great team in the competition. We won't lose our 4th place to Italy, if anyone does I think it will be the Germans, but we're talking 5 years from now.

The issue we've had isn't in the Champions League. Our clubs do take the UCL seriously, we just haven't been good enough. The problem for me lies in the Europa League. This season West Ham and Southampton both qualified for the Europa league, neither made it to the group stage. Why? Because we have a snobby attitude towards the competition. West Ham seriously justified going out of that competition by saying that 'avoiding relegation was more important', well how stupid do they look now? Italian/Spanish/German sides all take it seriously (like they should do) and that's why their coefficients are similar/better than ours. There is no other explanation then that IMO. It's down to the FA to encourage our clubs to perform better in Europe, they need to swap Monday games to Fridays (like all other countries do), any team playing in Europe shouldn't be allowed to play on a Sunday leading up to the games or a Saturday after the games (like all other countries do), finally they should start the season 2 or 3 weeks earlier, they shouldn't necessarily have a winter break (because football fans in Britain wouldn't accept that), but by starting the season a few weeks earlier they can have 2 or 3 'free' weekends towards the business end of the season when clubs like ourselves and Liverpool have games adding up thick and fast.

Common sense will help us catch Spain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.