our european support

BlueBoy85 said:
ste.sully said:
There is a thing in life called money you know
I'm sorry ste but £50 for 3 euro games is a a bargain?? No excuse for turning your nose up at that?

For euro games there should defo be a different system in placee to reward those people who go to the euro games to get priority for a potential final ticket. No shows have shown no 'loyalty' and shouldn't be able to get one?

I agree maybe a different system for cup games could be a good Idea

But your other point about no shows and loyaly is a bit silly .
Say someone who probably has had 31 season tickets and as to do a 176 mile round trip to the ground doesn't go to a midweek cup game should their loyaly be questioned ?

Or someone who thinks I'll give the 3 game ticket a miss and buy my lad that new pair of trainers.
Sometimes it isn't a point of showing support it's simply at times other things do have to come first.Alot of people are skint or ahve a few quid less to spend.

Some fair comments fellas but just to try and give you a balanced view of why attendances may be disappointing, I shall tell you of my own circumstances as they may be reasonably common - they certainly are amongst my mates.

My own 'excuse' is that I have a wife, 3 young children and a demanding work life which means that whilst I attend every home league game on my season ticket, I get an additional unofficial half dozen or so 'passes' a season from the good lady to do 'other games' including away games and earlier round home cup games. So I choose to do the likes of Sunderland away, am going to Juventus away and for instance haven't missed a derby at the swamp since the mid eighties. As soon as we progress to the later stages of any cup competition the same 'unspoken' house rules say that these games become quasi league games and don't count towards the half dozen allowance! So to be fair to the missus (and kids) I just can't justify going to EVERY game - especially the Europa where there are half a dozen games in the competition at home before it really hots up. For future reference, ALL Champions League games would be considered 'core' fixtures!

I know it's poor fellas and some of you younger guys in particular might not understand it at all but it's just called having responsibilities in life and trying to be fair to the family....and not falling out with the Mrs!

PS And before anyone patronises me! I have had a season ticket for 29 years in which time I have missed no more than a handful of league games through illness alone AND have visited close on 50 away grounds now (mainly in my youth) watching the Blues!

It is pathetic but people saying you'll be pissed off if they got a final ticket and you didn't if we got there, surley that is because they have more loyalty points than you. I can understand why not everyone can go to all the games but the ground should not be that empty. City have around 30000 hardcore for home games and about 1000-1500 for away games, any extra on that is a bonus. Our support isn't as good as we like to kid ourselves it is

3/4 of poles tonight live in England. So you can't really compare with travelling abroad. Most did'nt support Poznan. Then theres the question of tickets if we get to the final. Fans say what about the 1's who did'nt turn up. They would want tickets for the final. Worse than that is all the members of supporters clubs. Who don't go to games. But a lot of them will get tickets for any final we get to. Plus if we qualify for the next stage. More fans will want tickets. This should not push the fans out who have been to the earlier games. But are not season ticket holders. Season tickets should be monitored for attendance of all night games. Extra loyalty points for attendance. But if you live more than lets say 25 miles from the ground. Maybe they could be forgiven for not making the journey. But something needs to be sorted. £50 for 3 games was a great deal.

More crowd numbers bollocks.

If anyone had other things they preferred to do on the night then good luck to them. And if they have the points to get a ticket to the final if we make it then good luck to them as well.

for whatever reason the first few games in this competition don't seem to get people going - it's probably due to the fact that it's completely devalued by the "champion's league". Once we get in to the latter stages it'll be a totally different story. A bit like the league cup & FA cup.

Also, I think if we were playing in the San Siro in the CL then we'd probably take at least 5k

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.