our european support

i can't understand people whinging on about s/t holders getting tickets for finals etc. who don't always turn up for midweek games.if those are the rules then buy a f' in season ticket and then you're sorted.

A couple of things - first watching it there seemed to me to be far in excess of 33k there - the CB and South stand looked full so only another 8/10k in the rest of the ground? - think they´ve learned a trick from old Swalesy as someone mentioned
As for comparing away support to Spuds in Milan , firstly I doubt 10k went, 2nd they were playing the European champions in the San Siro(their final effectively) and probably most importantly the income per capita of your average Spud nouveaux riche cretin is probably twice that of City fans - it´s also nearer and cheaper to get to
Most blues seem to have saved up for Turin but even that might be a damp squib as we´ll probably have qualified and it´s too close to Chrimbo - 3k plus at Juve would be a bloody good turnout for a meaningless match in what many call a meaningless competition

this is so simple. Tickets for the final are based on loyalty points - that means loyalty to the club not loyalty to a specific competition. If you buy a season ticket you get a certain amount of loyalty points because you have paid a huge amount of money up front to commit yourself for the season. If you go to every euro game then you also get loyalty points on a game by game basis. If and when we get to the final you will get a ticket depending on how many loyalty points you have. It really isn't that difficult and as far as i'm concerned is by far the fairest way of doing it.

gerrygowsjockstrap said:
Worse than that is all the members of supporters clubs. Who don't go to games. But a lot of them will get tickets for any final we get to.

Yip, blame the supporters clubs, all the members dont even go to games, they dont even raise money for charity & they all get tickets for the big games.
Or maybe not.

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
BlueBoy85 said:
I'm sorry ste but £50 for 3 euro games is a a bargain?? No excuse for turning your nose up at that?

For euro games there should defo be a different system in placee to reward those people who go to the euro games to get priority for a potential final ticket. No shows have shown no 'loyalty' and shouldn't be able to get one?

Totally agree. Poor support last night, hardly any regulars near me in 109.
I totally agree with a poor turn out for city fans but it was a great game and the poles put on a awesome show/ so all them that cud not get there missed out on a gud nite/ the poznan fans had heart and we should be that loud to all teams that cum to eastlands / as for Emmanuel Adebayor glad to see him back to his best we have a team to be feared and we need to get behind r players at every match with chanting and singing / well done city for a great game and for the ones that turned up i salute and respect u all /bring on Arsenal 2-1 city i think

The main reason is that a lot of people just can’t be arsed.
Out of my circle of friends 6 are season ticket holders but 4 of them just can’t be bothered going to Europa League games as they class it as a mickey mouse competition.
The problem we’ve got as a club is that if the hard core support do not go we’ve simply not got the fan base to fill the gaps.
As some one said earlier I do not think we’re as big as we think we are.

Hopefully as we become more successful this will change. But some people wanting to expand the stadium by 20-30k they are living in dreamland

I think the only logical conclusion you can come up with for these low attendances is that we just do not have a massive fan base. If the regulars do not go then there is no backup support to take up that leeway. If we get into the Champions League then I would be amazed if we sold out every game. Also, not wanting to sound negative, but what would be the point of having a 60000 seater stadium if we cannot fill it. Until we get to the stage when even mid week League Cup games are near sell outs then a new stadium would be folly. On a more positive note, at least we know that if we do not attend then we are missed. We do count.

BlueBoy85 said:
ste.sully said:
There is a thing in life called money you know
I'm sorry ste but £50 for 3 euro games is a a bargain?? No excuse for turning your nose up at that?For euro games there should defo be a different system in placee to reward those people who go to the euro games to get priority for a potential final ticket. No shows have shown no 'loyalty' and shouldn't be able to get one?

that is a top offer, especially as if we get into the Chumps League, £50s going to be a price for the match ticket

I had a change of scenery last night and sat in the east level 2.

There were a lot more that 6000 poles there last night. the east top tier was full which is 5500. south level 1 was full and a few empty sets in level 2, and there were loads dotted around the ground. i reckon there were 9000 poznan fans there, amazing support.

There is no way there were 2000 less there last night than there was at the Juve game (unless the west level 3 was empty, i couldnt see up there). Me thinks there is some creative accountancy going on.

To sort the atmosphere, its the old chestnut of moving the away fans. Give them the south end of the east stand 3rd tier. City managed it last night , so its logistically possible. Any noise made up there just vanishes as was shown last night. The 2500 in the south made a right racket and you could hardly hear the east stand.

I really dont get the stay away local fans from last night, euro night games at discounted prices......we would've given our right arm for them in the dark division 2 days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.