Our glaring weakness at LB, will it be fixed?

Thanks to you all for your replies.

I feel now I'm not alone in my anxiety over this position.

Still no definitive answer to the Clichy v Kolarov argument.

It seems some prefer one, others prefer the other.

To finish, I think we should be looking to bring in a sounder defensive option.

We've plenty of attacking options, but we seem to be caught out on the left time and time again.

At least we don't have Ashley Cole!

KOLAROV gets some unfair stick on here. When he is caught out of position, it is because he is bombing on and a midfielder doesn't get him the ball and loses it.hisjob is to bomb on and put in a killer ball across the box. And, while we are on the subject, someone needs to check his stats, because last I checked he had the second leading distance covered after Milner, so it is NOT lack of effort, it is getting hung out to dry by flicks and last ditch "passes" from the midfield.

In addition, most teams play one striker on an island in the middle of the park,hoping to break out against us when they finally get the ball. Accordingly, when the full backs and then given free rein to overlap, it is the MIDFIELD HOLDING PLAYER that is supposed to cover both fullbacks.

It would be one thing if we played with an actual back four, but we don't! So, for those complaining that Kolarov isn't playing the traditional LB role, you are right....he does FAR MORE than that!

I doubt he will be our penalty taker next season, but Joe Hart has a good shout! :-)

Don't forget, Angelino is being groomed for that position and may well be the player added to the squad next season. Homegrown is going to be important going forward, and Arab and Alan are not where you want to use your foreign quota, just like Angus Gunn moving up to #2 keeper next season!

Surely we will sign an upgrade on Kolarov this summer.

Clichy will always stay as he's homegrown and reliable.

Alex Sandros to replace Kolarov would be perfect.

Kolarov >>> Clichy

Admittedly, Kolarov can't defend but neither can Clichy. He also offers infinitely more offensively.

However if one leaves it will be Kolarov as Clichy is homegrown.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.