Our glaring weakness at LB, will it be fixed?

The Madrid friendly has just confirmed what Kolarov's future performances are going to consist if he doesn't get his wish of joining Dzeko and Jovetic out the door and we desperately need to address the problem.

Alex Sandro, Baba Rahman, Ricardo Rodriguez have all been names linked with us to fix this. Would any blues consider Fabio Coentrao as a cheaper option, surely he'd be available?

I thought Sagna was pretty much our best player today tbh, him and Fernando were the only thing stopping it getting out of hand in that first half. Sagna is at least solid, if unspectacular. Neither of our leftbacks are remotely solid. Clichy is supposed to be the good defensive one and he's a liability half the time, Kolarov is a liability all the time

I think it's safe to say that the majority of fans realise that LB is a severe weak link. Surely, the club realise this as an issue too. Surely, we want to buy somebody who can actually sense danger, who isn't 5 yards behind play constantly, and who actually can read the game?

Its a matter of urgency for me, ahead of Pogba/KDB

And as for the RB, Sagna is finished, hasn't got a clue. Im thankful we have Zabaleta there but we can't afford to rest everything on him. Especially as he is becoming older.

What are Tiatto and Edghill upto these days? wonder if they fancy a game?

Amazing aye, some doubted my comments and some even said it was 'because I'm unsatisfiable'.

Well the proof is Clichy is a B level LB and Kolarov is a B level one day and E level the next.

I saw a post which critiqued my assessment of Silva. Nowthat was wrong. Silva is a terrier but he is a floating no10 who does his fair share of tackling and pressing but we actually need somebody on that left hand side all the time. We need to protect that left flank, it's been exposed a few times and particularly when we come up against world class wide players with pace like Bale, Robben, Ronaldo, Ribery, Reus etc.

The formation strategy is as much to blame as the weakness on Kolarovs game today but that's what we do and how we play. Under Mancini and Pellegrini we use Fullbacks as wide men. Pep is likely to take over and Pep will do the exact same. Enoughs enough, we need quality and quick, the likes of Pogba are a distraction, he won't fix this problem whereas not buying him and redistributing the funds will.

Ricardo Rodriguez, Kurzawa, Alex Sandro, Baba Rahman. Any of these signings will improve our left side considerably. Kolarov could be loaned out if no one is willing to buy him.

Would any blues consider Fabio Coentrao as a cheaper option, surely he'd be available?

Absoultely not. Think the match was against Getafe where he insulted ref and called him a 'son of whore'. Can't defend and hsi attitude stinks.

I'll be really disappointed if we go into another season with Kolarov and Clichy as our two left backs.

Clichy is homegrown, I can understand him staying, but there's loads of left backs better than Kolarov and much younger too.

Amazing aye, some doubted my comments and some even said it was 'because I'm unsatisfiable'.

Well the proof is Clichy is a B level LB and Kolarov is a B level one day and E level the next.

I saw a post which critiqued my assessment of Silva. Nowthat was wrong. Silva is a terrier but he is a floating no10 who does his fair share of tackling and pressing but we actually need somebody on that left hand side all the time. We need to protect that left flank, it's been exposed a few times and particularly when we come up against world class wide players with pace like Bale, Robben, Ronaldo, Ribery, Reus etc.

The formation strategy is as much to blame as the weakness on Kolarovs game today but that's what we do and how we play. Under Mancini and Pellegrini we use Fullbacks as wide men. Pep is likely to take over and Pep will do the exact same. Enoughs enough, we need quality and quick, the likes of Pogba are a distraction, he won't fix this problem whereas not buying him and redistributing the funds will.

This

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.