Our glaring weakness at LB, will it be fixed?

The Chelsea game is soon upon us, RM are already playing their best team.

The Chelsea game is soon upon us, RM are already playing their best team.

Hopefully the club have everything in hand and there won't be an issue, we've still 17 days until the start of the season. The landscape could change very quickly indeed, and in a positive way.

However with the South American quartet unlikely to feature so early due to their involvement in the Copa America.

The injury to Delph, the illness to Bony, Mangala, and the imminent departure of Dzeko and Jovetic, early season games might prove extremely tricky until it all settles down.

Last edited:
Kolarov finished last season fairly strongly but looks like he's reverted to his early season form. He constantly leaves the left centre back exposed and we're look very exposed when he plays. Wouldn't be upset to see him leave if we could get a high quality replacement.

Kolarov finished last season fairly strongly but looks like he's reverted to his early season form. He constantly leaves the left centre back exposed and we're look very exposed when he plays. Wouldn't be upset to see him leave if we could get a high quality replacement.
It was inexcusable today. The centre backs were 20 and 16 ffs. They needed some strong leadership and support, not to be left high and dry against Bale and Ronaldo.

Both were patchy last season although Kolorov finished the season ok.

If I had a choice I would sell Kolorov and bring in a better left back than clichy. He can be back up.

We seem to be overlooking our problem areas last season again in the transfer market. Chelsea won the league for a reason, their defence was excellent.

I seem to recall ours was fairly good, as well.

You know who else recently signed a new deal? Dzeko.

And, where is he going? I hear all kinds of things, but I still see him in a City shirt!

As for Kolarov, I think it would take a decent offer to get a City to part with him, because we would need an immediate first team level signing to replace him. There isn't an Academy player suitable to step up yet, although I'm not sure I agree with the managers reluctance to keep them in and around the first team squad and blood them in fits and starts.

To be honest the whole defence needs an overhaul but this will take time and a lot of money. I think we'll continue to leak goals from set pieces. Hopefully the Keegan approach may keep us round the top 3 but long term we need to have better quality and protection in front of Joe. Kolarov is a poor footballer and frustrating to watch while Clichy offers nothing going forward. It's been a weakness for years but somehow we managed to get by.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.