Our glaring weakness at LB, will it be fixed?

Anybody who can play would be a better player then kolarov, he's horrible. Clichy is a decent back up

Neither Kolarov or Clichy is last 4 of the Champions League quality. That is where we are striving to be. Thus both need to go or we'll find ourselves once again going out in the first knockout round post group stage.

I can't believe Kolarov and Clichy have both been around this long.

Every year, they both drop clanger and clanger and they go completely unnoticed. Instead, the centre-back on that left hand side picks up the pieces and takes the flack.

You would think after the endless rotation that alarms might have been ringing over the years for both Mancini and Pellegrini.

Kolarov is certainly a complete fraud. I can only think he subsequently gets a free pass because of his free kicks. He would fit right in at Tottenham, it's just about his level.

Clichy's main advantage is his HG status, but he disappoints me more than Kolarov tbh. Kolarov has been steady at around the same level since we signed him - good going forward, patchy defensively. Clichy had one really good season in 11/12 but since then has been nowhere near that level and the last few seasons should have seen him at his peak - in that regard he isn't too different from Nasri, he's shown what level he's capable of but can't reproduce it consistently enough.

Neither are really good enough for a prospective CL winning team but equally they're not as bad as some make out.

Neither Kolarov or Clichy is last 4 of the Champions League quality. That is where we are striving to be. Thus both need to go or we'll find ourselves once again going out in the first knockout round post group stage.

Kolarov will be hard to shift due to his salary and as Clichy is HG, he won't be going anywhere. Not sure our exits from the CL can be primarily blamed on our left backs though it is a position that we should strengthen if we can find a buyer for Kolarov.

Kolarov will be hard to shift due to his salary and as Clichy is HG, he won't be going anywhere. Not sure our exits from the CL can be primarily blamed on our left backs though it is a position that we should strengthen if we can find a buyer for Kolarov.
In 2014 Barça attacked us down our left all game. The second goal Alves scored was a blunder read by Clichy.

I can't believe Kolarov and Clichy have both been around this long.

Every year, they both drop clanger and clanger and they go completely unnoticed. Instead, the centre-back on that left hand side picks up the pieces and takes the flack.

You would think after the endless rotation that alarms might have been ringing over the years for both Mancini and Pellegrini.

Kolarov is certainly a complete fraud. I can only think he subsequently gets a free pass because of his free kicks. He would fit right in at Tottenham, it's just about his level.

Left back has been a problem for as long as I can remember. Jensen and Tarnat were short term solutions but we need to ensure we bring the best one in. I'm just glad it's not my job to find them...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.