Our glaring weakness at LB, will it be fixed?

Kolarov or Clichy? Easy vote for the former. Goals scored, assists, you name it. Kolarov wins. Clichy is not bad though and maybe a better defender marginally.
It's on here that people without a mind of their own follow what the majority says without actually checking facts. Or the ones that want changes for changes. Kolarov: the best Santa ...

Alex has just about reclaimed the spot back for me. Theres not much in it though. Perhaps swap one of them out for a more defensively minded player who could also cover at CB. Then its horses for courses.

Funnily enough i actually think that clichy is weaker than kolorov at LB. Kolorov might not be the finest defensive LB, but he's good going forward.

Clichy is a bit better defensively, but offers nothing like the threat going forward. "Fucking home grown" though...

He looks like Les T the old boys will know who I mean.

Would like to see him played regular, i might be wrong saying this, but from what i can recall he's never had a really long run...where as, again from ltd memory, clichy has.

Would like to see him played regular, i might be wrong saying this, but from what i can recall he's never had a really long run...where as, again from ltd memory, clichy has.

They're both players that seem to struggle at the start and get better with a longer run in the team and therefore not ideally suited to rotation. Personally I much prefer Clichy but for now Kolarov should continue in the starting 11 until injury or suspension. Then it's up to Clichy to take his chance. I hope for both their sakes that they're not going to be continually rotated.

Isn't this the conundrum with Kolorov and Clichy. Most people see them as having different qualities and different weaknesses, Clichy slightly better defensively but poorer going forward , Kolorov the opposite. In theory that should mean that rotation depending on the opposition is the best policy to get the best results from them as a pair. But then most people believe that neither player performs to his potential when he is continually rotated and needs an extended run of games. I think Pellegrini needs to make a choice and stick with it or find a replacement that can do both aspects of the job.

Isn't this the conundrum with Kolorov and Clichy. Most people see them as having different qualities and different weaknesses, Clichy slightly better defensively but poorer going forward , Kolorov the opposite. In theory that should mean that rotation depending on the opposition is the best policy to get the best results from them as a pair. But then most people believe that neither player performs to his potential when he is continually rotated and needs an extended run of games. I think Pellegrini needs to make a choice and stick with it or find a replacement that can do both aspects of the job.
Good post pal,just about sums up our little problem.

I agree 100%.

Can you do a summary of all the threads?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.