Our glaring weakness at LB, will it be fixed?

2015/16: Kolarov, Clichy, Angelino (MLS loan)
2016/17: Gayá, one of Kolarov/Clichy, Angelino (PL loan)
2017/18: Gayá, Angelino

I'd be well chuffed with that ^

I think the club has a lot of faith in Angelino, who a far as I know, is earning a lot of praise back in the states. Will he be first team material next year already?
I actively try and stay up to watch NYCFC and from what i have seen from EDS and NYC is that he is quality going forward... very so so defending reminds me a lot of Gareth Bale in the way he plays. If he turns out like him then i wont be moaning. Dont be surprised if we play him as a LM.

yeah, defensively Angelino would be ripped apart right now in the Prem. He is very gifted going forward though, possibly could even turn into a winger. He needs much more experience to be ready for the PL defensively though. I'm not sure he will be ready for next season. Think the only way Angelino could step in the team soon is if we switched to a 3-5-2 with less reliance on full-backs to defend.

not even close imo

good going forward but very suspect defensively

Spot on.

It's not really a statement i should be making at this time given his age and potential but watching him for new york this season i don't really see him improving much defensively, his positioning will no doubt get better with age but to me he's a winger playing at fullback.

Kolarov has made a phenomenal start to the season. Just as i predicted before the Chelsea game, having a more solid system and having Sterling infront of him, who isn't the best defensively but is better than Spanish Dave being on the right wing when he's needed to help at left back. and even just the threat of him on the break makes the opposition less inclined to over load our left back which has been a common tactic for the past 3 seasons. Kolarov and Clichy aren't the answer long term but right now there's no obvious answer available so we stick with what we've got until one becomes available.

Spot on.

It's not really a statement i should be making at this time given his age and potential but watching him for new york this season i don't really see him improving much defensively, his positioning will no doubt get better with age but to me he's a winger playing at fullback.

Kolarov has made a phenomenal start to the season. Just as i predicted before the Chelsea game, having a more solid system and having Sterling infront of him, who isn't the best defensively but is better than Spanish Dave being on the right wing when he's needed to help at left back. and even just the threat of him on the break makes the opposition less inclined to over load our left back which has been a common tactic for the past 3 seasons. Kolarov and Clichy aren't the answer long term but right now there's no obvious answer available so we stick with what we've got until one becomes available.
Alex Sandro at €20m seems(/seemed) pretty obvious to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.