Our glaring weakness at LB, will it be fixed?

Tbh honest I haven't seen a post where you are backing a player or City. Leech?
He sounds like a right needy fucker to me... Leech indeed.
I just don't get all giddy when we sign a good player and let that distract me from our neglect of rectifying a weakness in our defense that I and many many others have identified for years.

Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted with our business so far, but it could be perfect.

I just don't get all giddy when we sign a good player and let that distract me from our neglect of rectifying a weakness in our defense that I and many many others have identified for years.

Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted with our business so far, but it could be perfect.
What is perfect though fella..?? Madrid thought they had perfect with their Galacticos,we all saw how that panned out.. fook me the scum won the title two years ago with Jones Evans and Smalling.( just puked) we may not be perfect but we are more perfect than most. If you get my meaning.

Watch the tackle at 75 minutes against Chelsea, absolute class until he gave it away a second later.

Joking aside Kolarov was won of our most influential players against Chelsea

until this season, i have not been a huge Kolorov fan. However, his form has been very impressive in the last two games and i think Raheem is helping him play to full potential. He was winning defensive headers and tackles against Chelsea as well as some fantastic deliveries into the box.

I'd agree that we all saw the left side problem last year but how you fix it is a very broad issue. Signing a different lb is only going to change part of the puzzle and there are various other things we could do with or without different players!

What is perfect though fella..?? Madrid thought they had perfect with their Galacticos,we all saw how that panned out.. fook me the scum won the title two years ago with Jones Evans and Smalling.( just puked) we may not be perfect but we are more perfect than most. If you get my meaning.
I get your point but I just think -

Chelsea - Azpilicueta
Rags - Shaw (not outstanding right now but will get there on the evidence of things)
Bayern - Alaba
Real Madrid - Marcelo
Barcelona - Alba

Juventus and PSG have Evra/Maxwell respectively but have/will buy upgrades anyway.

These are the boys we need to be competing with, and in most other positions now I think we compare more than respectably, but where would you place Kolarov and Clichy in that list if putting them in order of ability?

I get your point but I just think -

Chelsea - Azpilicueta
Rags - Shaw (not outstanding right now but will get there on the evidence of things)
Bayern - Alaba
Real Madrid - Marcelo
Barcelona - Alba

Juventus and PSG have Evra/Maxwell respectively but have/will buy upgrades anyway.

These are the boys we need to be competing with, and in most other positions now I think we compare more than respectably, but where would you place Kolarov and Clichy in that list if putting them in order of ability?

Of that list only Alaba and Alba are better and I would add Lahm to that. Kolarov is in top 10 left backs in world for me

Two good games against mediocre attacking opponents and five year's worth of intermittent dodgy defending is plastered over in the eyes of almost everyone here.

There's fickle and then there's this...

Lets be clear dipshit. You just said the current Champions of England are a mediocre attacking team. Their front four were Costa, Hazard, Willian, and Fabregas. How the fuck is that mediocre? Wind your neck in.

I've never understood this thread as Kolorov and Clichy are more than adequate left backs.

Could we get better of course we could but you could say that about every position on the pitch there is always room to improve.

When I look around the league though I don't see many left backs better than out two.

I've never understood this thread as Kolorov and Clichy are more than adequate left backs.

Could we get better of course we could but you could say that about every position on the pitch there is always room to improve.

When I look around the league though I don't see many left backs better than out two.

Chelsea have just had to splash £20m on one who time will tell on as I haven't seen him. Arsenal haven't replaced Clichy with anyone better. Liverpool have had one crap one after another. United have just spent £30m on Shaw and he needed a year just to get fit, although he looks good now. Spurs have nobody as good as City's two. Everton have Baines who is similar to Kolorov and older. Beyond that in the league you've got the likes of Cresswell and Bertrand who are mid-table players basically.

In Europe the best ones are at the top clubs - Alaba, Marcelo and Alba. It's a hard position to get a really good player for. I'd like to have gone all out for Luke Shaw as he could have had the position sorted for a long time and a home grown player. We may have missed the boat with Sandro who's gone to Juve.

We'e got two adequate ones, but it's just age with them. They're both around 30 and will need replacing over the next couple of years. Same with Sagna and Zab at right back. We will need to sort that over the next couple of seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.