Juanma Lillo leaves to become Al-Sadd Head Coach

I am not worried what he is doing at the Arse, he did an outstanding job for us and is much missed.

Oh right. Not open for debate or opinions then.

however - I don’t care either what he does at Arsenal but I think our success was down to Pep not Arteta

Oh right. Not open for debate or opinions then.

however - I don’t care either what he does at Arsenal but I think our success was down to Pep not Arteta
It was down to great team work, on and off the pitch, it's not down to any one man.

Exactly - so Arteta leaving shouldn’t be an issue
well it seems it is, the new guy does not seem to be contributing much, not heard one player say anything to his credit.

The players could not stop talking about Arteta and the improvements and work he did with them individually.

Good assistants are crucial to any manager in all walks of life.
The great ones have a charm of being able to translate what the manager wants and vice versa, almost like a double agent.
I often described it as a risk free position, you can act like a ball boy and get amongst the players offering up opinions that explains what the manager wants but still call him a knob - he's his boss as well so it gives some solidarity with the players.
All the while he will be feeding back who's doing whatever in the dressing room, people in all walks of life have ups and downs and great assistant will ping back information to the manager. How many of us have sat in a room waiting for a presentation and gossip about things but the manager walks in and silence, don't worry the manager will hear the gossip later over coffee with his top assistant (spy).
The second part of his role is to question the manager without sounding critical or calling him out. Pep was quiet yesterday at 2:0 down than I have ever seen him, he was more animated when we have scored 5 or 6 than yesterday. Almost like his best mate was missing, a trouble shared has never been more apt than Pep lately.
For those who are old enough to remember the best assistant managers were union officials ( unpaid double agents) who fed information and expectations both ways which kept everyone thinking they both were winners.
Something is not right and Pep will find the answer but I would like to see someone on his shoulder looking like they share his pain.

well it seems it is, the new guy does not seem to be contributing much, not heard one player say anything to his credit.

The players could not stop talking about Arteta and the improvements and work he did with them individually.

Ah right. So our players haven’t endorsed the appointment - that’s it then.

To be honest, I haven’t a clue if it’s his fault but I doubt anyone else has either

Imagining Pep wanting advice from a man who's management CV is on a par with Roy Keane's. A shit number two appointment a job for a mate it seems, probably pals with Txiki and Ferran as well.

110e256bea28b52dba479c0a07af4e2f.jpg

i know nothing about the Guy,so have zero opinion on him.

I do feel though, that Arteta departure impacted us more than i thought it would.

The Bench resembles the TV Room of an Old Peoples home since he went.

Pep nodding off,and constantly looking at his watch waiting for visiting time to end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.