Our PR department and the media

When HRH took over Manchester City one of the reasons they bought our club was the Loyalty of the fans.Every year Kaldoon gives his end of year report and the mantra is repeated Loyalty of the fans.Well it is now pretty obvious that the owners don,t give a fuck if the media piss and shit on OUR club and FANS from a great height at every opportunity.Do we have to smile,and think in 5-10 years it will be fine.I,m 70 you won,t see or hear me cheering when I,m in a box six feet under.Had enough.

Had enough bud,we're only just beginning.

I'm the same era as you,this era is so exciting,don't let the PR thing get to you.

The next ten years are going to be unbelievable for us coddgers.

Pretty much the response I expected from you TCIB

Go easy & take care of yourself.

I am sure it was sir, welcome to my ignore list and enjoy the rest of your evening and i shall mine without having to stop writing this script to reply to your inane comments. Should you wish to actually respond to my rather direct response to your initial post i will happily remove you and debate it, until then toodle pip my obfuscating backtracking friend :-)

The Abu Dhabi way is generations ahead of most other countries on the planet.

HH The Sheikh is a brilliant visionary & has access to the smartest thinkers & planners worldwide & quietly relishes dismantling the antiquated thinking of the west and nincompoops like Custis,BBC & many others.

He sees the future with complete clarity....because he and his team are creating it !! He may get mad but he focus's on getting AHEAD !!

The Crown Princes are being educated & tutored in a planned succession. Nothing is left to chance or fate.

Our medium term future is centred round youth,on and off the pitch,new technology,energy,new markets & increased,recurring revenues all driven by performances & success on the pitch.

Have faith,we're in the very best hands.

We're owned by the Abu Dhabi Executive Council to all intents and purposes but that wouldn't play well publicly so it was convenient to have a figure-head that they could present as a private purchaser. As Mansour's drinking buddy I thought you'd know that. I'd be surprised if the Sheikh had any significant input into the way the club is run. He's relatively minor in the pecking order in Abu Dhabi, isn't on the Executive Council and he was picked as the figure-head probably for that very reason. Khaldoon & probably even Simon Pearce outrank him in importance in the overall strategic structure.

However I do agree we're in good hands but people have to remember that we're a very small (but highly visible) cog in the overall AD wheel and they aren't going to go into battle with the media over City where that potentially represents a risk to the overall image of Abu Dhabi.

Well i would only be repeating myself so i will leave you to your childishness and state again, our pr is not up to scratch. It does need looking at and fans are right to be keenly interested.

What we need is a tougher stance and the pr 'we are ok' stuff means nothing to a great many, it means less than nothing, it actively antagonizes them attempting to disregard their humanity and make them think like a banking algorithm. It is an insult to a person to even expect them to turn a life long emotional investment into a calculated logical reasoning.

That might do it, or fuck off PR team. You'll need to retrain coz no one is going to be impressed with you having MCFC on your resume, absolutely no one.

Last edited:
I am here to publicly note i am removing a certain someone from my ban list, you can get the presses rolling again now (finished writing my script).

Ok back to serious business and jokes aside, i do get the plan on the whole but i don't like feeling a mug. I remember this exact type of thread 3-4 times over the last 5 or so years and all that way i was also 'calm down, fuck the haters and carry on'. I again go back to the flirting with your wife bit, how long do you stay polite until you can't take it and others see you as a soft **** who won't front up to a bloke trying it on with his missus. I feel the point has been reached where it is to much now and we look like the wimpy husband with no back bone.

We have been a punch bag for to long and i would like to see a more aggressive approach. Maybe some covert footage of a big exec type looking down at these reporters whilst he grills them about some story yet they swan around like they own the place. You know a few stern looking security men behind him looking like they were trained from birth to fling out gobshites from venues.

It would just be fucking awesome if Gary Cooke burst in, grabbed their posh nosh tray and chucked it at em and fucking hammered the closest one with a huge right hook before delivering his ultimatum to these pricks hehehe. Yeah yeah it won't happen but i can dream.

We're owned by the Abu Dhabi Executive Council to all intents and purposes but that wouldn't play well publicly so it was convenient to have a figure-head that they could present as a private purchaser. As Mansour's drinking buddy I thought you'd know that. I'd be surprised if the Sheikh had any significant input into the way the club is run. He's relatively minor in the pecking order in Abu Dhabi, isn't on the Executive Council and he was picked as the figure-head probably for that very reason. Khaldoon & probably even Simon Pearce outrank him in importance in the overall strategic structure.

However I do agree we're in good hands but people have to remember that we're a very small (but highly visible) cog in the overall AD wheel and they aren't going to go into battle with the media over City where that potentially represents a risk to the overall image of Abu Dhabi.

"Relatively minor in the pecking order in Abu Dhabi "

HH Sheikh Mansour is a member of the founding & ruling family of Abu Dhabi. He is Deputy Prime Minister. He is also Head of Presidential Affairs and a senior member of Government. To attempt to suggest anything else is frankly astonishing.

Khaldoon & Simon Pearce ARE actively involved in the high strategy of the project but The Sheikh is actively involved in shaping the vision & the future.
He is also a fan & feels much of what a fan feels.

Abu Dhabi tries not to court adverse publicity,it prefers actions to words and will not enter the debate on UK media. The image of the country & the Emirates is paramount,but never underestimate the role Abu Dhabi played with Platini & Blatter and how they did it......the Attorney General of USA.

No one be in any doubt......it's hard to think of better owners. Malc & Joel anyone ??

I am here to publicly note i am removing a certain someone from my ban list, you can get the presses rolling again now (finished writing my script).

Ok back to serious business and jokes aside, i do get the plan on the whole but i don't like feeling a mug. I remember this exact type of thread 3-4 times over the last 5 or so years and all that way i was also 'calm down, fuck the haters and carry on'. I again go back to the flirting with your wife bit, how long do you stay polite until you can't take it and others see you as a soft **** who won't front up to a bloke trying it on with his missus. I feel the point has been reached where it is to much now and we look like the wimpy husband with no back bone.

We have been a punch bag for to long and i would like to see a more aggressive approach. Maybe some covert footage of a big exec type looking down at these reporters whilst he grills them about some story yet they swan around like they own the place. You know a few stern looking security men behind him looking like they were trained from birth to fling out gobshites from venues.

It would just be fucking awesome if Gary Cooke burst in, grabbed their posh nosh tray and chucked it at em and fucking hammered the closest one with a huge right hook before delivering his ultimatum to these pricks hehehe. Yeah yeah it won't happen but i can dream.

'Ere 'ere.

You've done it now!
(If you just say the PR Department needs to do a little more if the face of the media negativity, you can get away with it. Oh and be sure to add that I'm sure they have a strategy).

Don't beat around the bush me mate haha.

If we want to be the best club in the world then heads have to role in certain areas of the club.

Very true.

I'd hate to be a man city fan working in our PR department, think of the stress of doing fuck all every day against a wall of negativity, being so impotent.

I ain't in anyway suggesting a scorched earth policy, just to point out the very worst in the reporting in which we see.

The way things are reported is definitely done on purpose – the way they manipulate wording to skew articles whichever way they want is an age-old skill.
This can be seen in the differences between recent penalty area incidents with Sterling and with Ibrahimovic. In Raheem's case, the word dive is stressed - thus leading the gullible pricks reading it to believe that is indeed what he did - whereas with big nose he is adjudge to have 'fallen'!
The odd one or two incidents of such reporting would be palatable, but it happens all the time – from BT's all ex-United player panel for our European matches and their overly negative commentaries to all the references to the 'Emptihad' – which in itself proves that if you repeat a lie loud enough and often enough, people will believe it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.