Our PR department and the media

When the history of this period is written, it wouldn't surprise me if it reveals that Abu Dhabi fought off a great deal of shit that was heading City's way from the football establishment.

What we see is the trivia.

I expect when the dust settles the FFP hit we took, which at the time blues felt was outrageous, was probably a tiny fraction of the sanctions the football establishment would have loved to impose.

This is no doubt very true. It's inconceivable to think there wasn't some kind of agreement between those with most to protect when the level of our investment and future plans became apparent. FFP was probably one of a raft of strategies aimed at blocking our progress. I doubt it's over either, we've just weathered the first wave.

I just hope it is recorded somewhere and the truth told one day.

So now we're too big and powerful to concern ourselves with negative media reporting?
Makes you wonder why we have a PR department at all.
Some of the coping mechanisms on here.

Last edited:
AD have a very long reach & influence at the highest level of governments worldwide.
That's all well and good but it doesn't answer my question. Are you saying with 100% certainty that the reason the American Attorney General started investigating was because AD had built up a dossier and they tipped off the AAG?

So now we're too big and powerful to concern ourselves with negative media reporting?
Makes you wonder why we have a PR department at all.
Some of the coping mechanisms on here.
Good point :-)
I am wondering about the logical inconsistency between the statement that Abu Dhabi is into this football thing only to improve their image in the world, and the situation that we are getting loads of bad PR and never seem to do a thing about it. I can't understand that.

What did the full message read on the advertising hoardings that the Rags are obsessing themselves over?
"please, please turn up to our next match" is all I can make out.

That's all well and good but it doesn't answer my question. Are you saying with 100% certainty that the reason the American Attorney General started investigating was because AD had built up a dossier and they tipped off the AAG?

Not many peeps know the answer to this Eds.......can you help us ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.