Our season could be over in a fortnight

ballinio said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
At this stage of the season, it has to be about winning trophies not plaudits.

Full strength for Sunderland and Chelsea.

We can win the FA Cup if we beat Chelsea, one of Liverpool and Arsenal are going out (hopefully a replay there)

Fully understand the owners want the kudos of beating Barca, but even Celtic have done that.

A few goals against Sunderland can give us a much needed booster.

A very well respected top eight manager was asked about Chelsea's victory over us last week.

He demanded off the record. He called it parasitic football and this supposed masterclass from Chelsea he laughed out.
absolutely right ,this obsession with the Barcelona game is getting out of control, we need trophies not plaudits . we`ve a great chance of the F.A cup if we beat Chelsea. Some people are more concerned with getting praise from the media than actually winning something. we get no trophy for beating Barcelona. 4th on the list of importance to me.

Barcelona is the bigger picture, financially if we beat Barcelona it is far superior to what it is in now a dying cup competition.

It's the image of the club we have to look after now as well, with the money spent on the squad a battering or a disinterested performance after already two very average seasons in the CL it's not going to look good on the club or the owner in my opinion.

I think we can beat Barca over two legs.

Negative poster in negative post shock. I much preferred your comedic contributions within the transfer forum.

sam-caddick said:
ballinio said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
At this stage of the season, it has to be about winning trophies not plaudits.

Full strength for Sunderland and Chelsea.

We can win the FA Cup if we beat Chelsea, one of Liverpool and Arsenal are going out (hopefully a replay there)

Fully understand the owners want the kudos of beating Barca, but even Celtic have done that.

A few goals against Sunderland can give us a much needed booster.

A very well respected top eight manager was asked about Chelsea's victory over us last week.

He demanded off the record. He called it parasitic football and this supposed masterclass from Chelsea he laughed out.
absolutely right ,this obsession with the Barcelona game is getting out of control, we need trophies not plaudits . we`ve a great chance of the F.A cup if we beat Chelsea. Some people are more concerned with getting praise from the media than actually winning something. we get no trophy for beating Barcelona. 4th on the list of importance to me.

Barcelona is the bigger picture, financially if we beat Barcelona it is far superior to what it is in now a dying cup competition.

It's the image of the club we have to look after now as well, with the money spent on the squad a battering or a disinterested performance after already two very average seasons in the CL it's not going to look good on the club or the owner in my opinion.

I think we can beat Barca over two legs.

I think play a second string vs Chelsea in FA cup - as much as I hate old smugface and want to beat Chelsea I would prefer we give ourselves the best possible chance in the PL and CL

PL is the priority - full strength v Sunderland

Barca and the CL second for me, so players have to be rested v Chelsea

v Chelsea..
Richards for Zab
Rodwell for Yaya
Lescott & Nasty
Jovetic, more game time
Lopes on the bench

Ferna and Nasri might get 20 mins if ready as a bit of match time for Barca.

For me, Pellers has to sacrifice either the FA cup or the CL.
If we can get past Barca and have this side competing in the CL, we can win it..

-------------Hart----------------------
Zab ----VK ---MDM ----------Gc/AK

---------Ferna -- Yaya ---------

Nasri ---Jovetic _---------Silva

----------Kun-----------------

allyboy said:
PL is the priority - full strength v Sunderland

Barca and the CL second for me, so players have to be rested v Chelsea

v Chelsea..
Richards for Zab
Rodwell for Yaya
Lescott & Nasty
Jovetic, more game time
Lopes on the bench

Ferna and Nasri might get 20 mins if ready as a bit of match time for Barca.

For me, Pellers has to sacrifice either the FA cup or the CL.
If we can get past Barca and have this side competing in the CL, we can win it..

-------------Hart----------------------
Zab ----VK ---MDM ----------Gc/AK

---------Ferna -- Yaya ---------

Nasri ---Jovetic _---------Silva

----------Kun-----------------

Hate to say it but Chelses look favorites for PL now with an easier run in than us - I think CL should be priority ... Financial rewards are greater & it would raise the profile of the club another notch or two across Europe ....

crystal_mais said:
It's gonna a be a tight finish. I put Chelsea as favs, but the scousers are looking a scary side. We have the hardest run in, we need to get everybody fit and start firing sharpish.

I think not freshening the squad in Jan may have been abit of a mistake now

Just hope the players are all up for the fight - those stupid dropped points away early in the season are starting to take their toll.

A huge mistake not buying those two players in January. But we move on hopefully ground work done for new signings before the World Cup starts. As for this season well quite simply we need our big hitters back and asap!!

Well. It is was it is. If the club wanted to buy more players, they would have. You dance with who you've brought. As they say.

We have to go prioritise the league, it is the one we all want. If we can win the league and league cup then I will be happy with that regardless of what happens elsewhere. If we are knocked out of the FA Cup then the small silver lining is more games for Chelsea - they will most likely beat Galatasaray so they will suffer from fixture congestion as we have been doing recently - and with the added impact of injuries.

I said in another thread beating Barca, winning the league and winning the league cup would be a huge step for the club. It would put us amongst the European elite gaining the scalp of Barcelona. We may only need full strength for one leg as well - away from home dependinng on how things go in the first leg, we may just look to sit and counter rather than play a full strength attacking side.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
crystal_mais said:
It's gonna a be a tight finish. I put Chelsea as favs, but the scousers are looking a scary side. We have the hardest run in, we need to get everybody fit and start firing sharpish.

I think not freshening the squad in Jan may have been abit of a mistake now

Just hope the players are all up for the fight - those stupid dropped points away early in the season are starting to take their toll.

A huge mistake not buying those two players in January. But we move on hopefully ground work done for new signings before the World Cup starts. As for this season well quite simply we need our big hitters back and asap!!

agree, but we shouldnt be held to ransom just because of our wealth

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.