Our season could be over in a fortnight

nedor said:
oh noes the sky is falling.... in the same time we could be through to the next round of the FA cup, beaten Barcelona and win the Carling cup.

Also Arsenal could lose against united and Chelsea drop points before the end of the month and we are at the top with a couple of points to spare.

I know we have all supported City for a long time including extended periods of shit.. but its might be time to give the old city approach and be a little more optimistic.

Anything that happens in the next two weeks happens and it wont change my position in which team I support.
Yes, I have always enjoyed being a blue and currently this is one of those rare occasions when I am also enjoying the football. Whatever will be ........... and we are on the 2nd of March!

Marvin said:
Hahaha

Wembley tickets in the post (I hope) and Aguero, Fernandinho, and Nasri on their way back.

I think you forget that one of our title rivals got beat 5-1 yesterday, whilst City drew away 0-0. It's looking good. Whilst over at the swamp Utd face a fight for the Europa League. Good Luck with that

Indeed. We go to Wembley in a couple of weeks with a great chance of picking up the seasons first trophy.

The title race will go to the last 4 games and we should be in there with them.

I Hope the players feel as motivated as I do to send Chelsea out of the FA Cup and then I wouldn't back against us after that.

As for the Champions League, a bridge too far this season I think but positives there too. 1) We climbed out of the group beating the current champions away in the process. 2) We should be in it next year and enjoy all that goes with it.

As for the other lot, it would be nice to see them miss the big one and qualify for the Europa league for obvious reasons.

Yeah I was in the chippy last week listening to two united fans discussing the woes of their season and genuinely believing they will be on Channel 5 next season!!!

And we are worried and moaning!!!

This season has been great and I for one will be happy for just one trophy this year!!

Relly hope we win the league cup and learnt from the wigan debacle!

Hope we turnover Chelsea in the FA Cup and dont play a weaken team because we are playing barca after!!

We are still init to win it so comon City!!!!!!

One word stands out for me in the original post 'if'

As for the Chelsea result, I was as gutted as anyone, but trying to look on it from a positive angle, if we had to lose one of the two games against Chelsea, surely the league game is best as we are still in with a fighting chance of the league, as it stands, if we can get retribution in the cup match then we are still in with a good shout of both.

Before the Spurs game, we would have been delighted with 7 points and probably would probably have taken 5. We got 4 and improved our GD by 3.
It's far from the disaster so many seem to be making it.
We win the next game and get some confidence back with the return of key players and we'll be the Planet's best team again.....

ElMatador said:
If we lose to chelsea and Barcelona we have fucked it. We have been so unlucky with the timing of injuries but our midfield has no depth to it whatsoever.

The way to look at it is this, if we lose those games and Indeed do go out of both those competitions, we can still win the PL and the League Cup, we will have fewer games to play and therefore should in theory be fresher for our PL games.... If we stay in all competitions we can win them all.. That's the way I'm thinking anyway..!... I think !!

ElMatador said:
If we lose to chelsea and Barcelona we have fucked it. We have been so unlucky with the timing of injuries but our midfield has no depth to it whatsoever.

attention-seeker.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.