Our Suarez ...... not the racist one :)

At that price it might be a good deal for us, if he does n't make a loan move or a first team appearance for us this year I don't see him making a mark on the first team.

How much did we pay for him? We would (more than) double our money on a player who has n't exactly improved a lot since he got here.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
At that price it might be a good deal for us, if he does n't make a loan move or a first team appearance for us this year I don't see him making a mark on the first team.

How much did we pay for him? We would (more than) double our money on a player who has n't exactly improved a lot since he got here.
Please remind me WHY we buy young talent again
Cos I feel I'm missing the point ,am I?

billfromthehill said:
Rocket-footed kolarov said:

Please remind me WHY we buy young talent again
Cos I feel I'm missing the point ,am I?

Yes you are. The buying of kids is largely a speculation game, it is basically like buying large stocks in commodity, you are speculating on them achieving their potential. Either they progress and you put them in their first team or you make a loss. As it happens Denis Suarez has if anything stalled since he got here.He is still only 19 but he yet to make an appearance in anything not the League Cup. If Barca were to offer 4 million euros I would take it and put the money back into speculating on other young players. Its a business decision, at the moment it seems he is more likely to leave us without living up to his potential than turning to a player worthy of a first team spot. Isco was sold by Valencia at the age of 19 however he had made 52 appearances for the B team and 4 appearances for the first team. Denis Suarez may be the new Isco, but he has to make first team appearances, which means a loan move to club that will give him that is essential otherwise we should take what is a good return on our investment now.

Suarez's development has only stalled because our U21 system has been a graveyard for young talent, ruining potential. He has remained a regular for Spain at every youth level and one good loan move could easily have the Guidetti effect on him. Selling him would be stupid, although we may not have any choice in the end if he wants to go, due to his apparent contract situation. Make no mistake, Suarez is a top young talent that most clubs would want, and has the potential to be a top level player (he is still a teenager remember). That Barca are willing to pay cash for him with a year left on his contract is the giveaway.

Hopefully the club can convince him to stay with a wage rise. 4 million euros is peanuts and not much more than the £2.75m his original transfer fee can rise to (several of the bonuses that could see that transfer fee reach £2.75m have probably already been triggered, such as first team appearance).

PS: If Barca do get him it'll be the next strike in the Rosell vs. Soriano war and I hope we retaliate.

Well, hope we do not sell him or we will create a "We coach them you play them" Imprinted on their stands. I think I already saw Roman playing for them against Munich.

Probably a snide attempt to unsettle one of our young stars after they accused us of pinching other teams youngsters.

penalty spot said:
Well, hope we do not sell him or we will create a "We coach them you play them" Imprinted on their stands. I think I already saw Roman playing for them against Munich.

Goal.com has Roman on the bench as an unused sub, Roman has made 23 appearances for the B team, Sergi Roberto who has just been promoted made over 100, Xavi made 61, Iniesta 54, Thiago 59 and Busquets 32. The general trend is that a player has to be in the B team for 2 or 3 teams before being made a full member of the first team. Only Busquets breaks the trend because he broke through under the (then) new manager of the 1st team and played in a position in which Barcelona did n't have a lot of players.

If we sold Denis Suarez to Barcelona he would be unlikely to make the 1st team squad before 3 years in the B team as it stands.

Their B teams though play in the lower leagues so it enables them to be competitive as a unit. If a player goes out on loan yes he gets competitive games but not with his team mates he is then subject to the new regime. This is where we fall behind teams in Spain IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.