Our Suarez ...... not the racist one :)

4m ? I'd take it personally , not sure he's going to be good enough to cut the mustard in England. That being said, im not manuel

dref619 said:
4m ? I'd take it personally , not sure he's going to be good enough to cut the mustard in England. That being said, im not manuel
Sure and we'll just buy him back for 40m when he's 23.

Why not charge a loan fee , the lad needs game time barca want him let them develop him as they do seem quite good at it ,if he cuts it say thanks and bring him back .in all honesty who could you see him dislodging in the first team any time soon ?

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
billfromthehill said:
Rocket-footed kolarov said:
At that price it might be a good deal for us, if he does n't make a loan move or a first team appearance for us this year I don't see him making a mark on the first team.

How much did we pay for him? We would (more than) double our money on a player who has n't exactly improved a lot since he got here.
Please remind me WHY we buy young talent again
Cos I feel I'm missing the point ,am I?

Yes you are. The buying of kids is largely a speculation game, it is basically like buying large stocks in commodity, you are speculating on them achieving their potential. Either they progress and you put them in their first team or you make a loss. As it happens Denis Suarez has if anything stalled since he got here.He is still only 19 but he yet to make an appearance in anything not the League Cup. If Barca were to offer 4 million euros I would take it and put the money back into speculating on other young players. Its a business decision, at the moment it seems he is more likely to leave us without living up to his potential than turning to a player worthy of a first team spot. Isco was sold by Valencia at the age of 19 however he had made 52 appearances for the B team and 4 appearances for the first team. Denis Suarez may be the new Isco, but he has to make first team appearances, which means a loan move to club that will give him that is essential otherwise we should take what is a good return on our investment now.

I agree that a loan is proper course of action. He needs to play in order to continue his development. Asking a 19 year old to try to win a spot in the starting XI at Manchester City is almost always going to be unreasonable. The man in front of him, David Silva, didn't make his first start for the senior team at Valencia as a teenager. And as good as Valencia has been, they aren't as Manchester City is now.

mrtwiceaseason said:
Why not charge a loan fee , the lad needs game time barca want him let them develop him as they do seem quite good at it ,if he cuts it say thanks and bring him back .in all honesty who could you see him dislodging in the first team any time soon ?

They would be wanting to buy him for Barcelona B for the time being I'd think.

Daz_Blue said:
Spanish paper Marca are reporting that Barcelona are preparing a bid of €4million for Manchester City's Denis Suárez.

Answer:
ummm-no.gif

From the Marca article:

Spanish champions entered the fray, a whole raft of clubs - including Espanyol, Valencia, Sevilla, Granada and even Celta - enquired about taking the youngster on loan next season.

Loan him back to Celta cheeky!

Depending on how Pellegrini views him, there will already be a vacancy for him once Sinclair is gone unless we buy a replacement for Sinclair. Suarez looks handy on the left which just happens to be our weakest area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.