Our supporters.

Agree with what a lot has been said: stadium design, no standing areas, singers not together, lack of decent songs, and an aging crowd. Can I throw in the possibility that many fans (thousands) have become frustrated with how the team has not achieved its potential considering the wealth and kindness shown by our amazing owners. I get the feeling fans cant be bothered to sing and would rather have a conversation with their mates about whats going wrong on the pitch.

Eccles Blue said:
cavendishblue said:
One of the key reasons people make the effort of going to a live game is for the atmosphere. It worries me that if our atmosphere continues to be so flat and as most of our games are live on TV, the gates will eventually suffer. On the other hand almost everywhere in the prem the game has become much more of a "spectator" sport. Off the top of my head Anfield is the only ground where the atmosphere is still something like it was in its hey-day. A safe standing area is about the only thing I can think of that might breathe some life into the Etihad

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH, sing when you are SITTING DOWN FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!! TRY IT IT IS LIBERATING!! SEE I AM DOING IT JUST SITTING HERE AT MY COMPUTER.

^ this

bluethunder said:
why don't we see this too often ?

69282_326682127448649_959319755_n.jpg
We are British we obey the rules! There's signs everywhere saying no flares or smoke bombs outside the San Siro - maybe Italians can't read

goater1978 said:
The one song that's got everyone going and made the whole ground sing was the Mancini song. That game when Real Madrid played and the whole ground started with "fuck of mourinhio" and moved seamlessly into the Mancini song was unbelievable.

Unfortunately pelle doesn't seem to have any great support yet from the fans and I think it's affecting the atmosphere. Hopefully that will soon change!

Nonsense, the atmosphere was crap last season too.

I think football fans, in general, aren't as excited about going to games as they were 'in the good old days'. With so much football on TV and so much entertainment going on around us these days (even in city square before the game!) the novelty of being able to let your hair down and have a good time has worn off and atmosphere has suffered.

Add to that rising prices, health and safety and a drive towards making us a 'family club' and it won't be long before goal music is needed to generate some noise.

citymad said:
Agree with what a lot has been said: stadium design, no standing areas, singers not together, lack of decent songs, and an aging crowd. Can I throw in the possibility that many fans (thousands) have become frustrated with how the team has not achieved its potential considering the wealth and kindness shown by our amazing owners. I get the feeling fans cant be bothered to sing and would rather have a conversation with their mates about whats going wrong on the pitch.

younger fans have been priced out of the stadium. perhaps a 80% discounts should be given for the under 30's.

GornikDaze said:
Eccles Blue said:
GornikDaze said:
I hope you don't carry illicit alcohol in it ;)

Nah, just a boring bottle of water!! :-)
Could be vodka!

No, I don't like vodka, my drink is Bacardi and lemonade, once every Blue Moon!!<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:47 pm --<br /><br />
bluethunder said:
citymad said:

younger fans have been priced out of the stadium. perhaps a 80% discounts should be given for the under 30's.

Why? We didn't need to have discounts when we were young, if we couldn't afford it we just didn't go, but the fans who were there still managed to sing and cheer!!!

mansour's tow ropes said:
goater1978 said:
The one song that's got everyone going and made the whole ground sing was the Mancini song. That game when Real Madrid played and the whole ground started with "fuck of mourinhio" and moved seamlessly into the Mancini song was unbelievable.

Unfortunately pelle doesn't seem to have any great support yet from the fans and I think it's affecting the atmosphere. Hopefully that will soon change!

Nonsense, the atmosphere was crap last season too.

I think football fans, in general, aren't as excited about going to games as they were 'in the good old days'. With so much football on TV and so much entertainment going on around us these days (even in city square before the game!) the novelty of being able to let your hair down and have a good time has worn off and atmosphere has suffered.

Add to that rising prices, health and safety and a drive towards making us a 'family club' and it won't be long before goal music is needed to generate some noise.

Nah last year it was better. We were champions, everyone was happy and we were more optimistic. This year people are on more of a downer.

It's never going to go back to the way it was. When my dad first took me I remember going through the streets towards the stadium, seeing the kippax and you'd hear the noise from the crowd gradually building from there and when you got inside it was amazing, adrenaline was pumping and I was really exciting to be there.

When I go now about 15 years on it's boring. I notice now how many families go, women and kids, full family days out. This might be good for ticket sales but 90% of them couldn't care less about being there, they come with a packed lunch and chat for most of the game without even really watching it. Add to this all of the city square and presenting with hugh ferris shit that they do and it just makes it all about everything other than the football.

I couldn't care less about going these days, I got rid of my season ticket and now I just go to about 10 games a season, it's pretty dull!

I came to the ground whistling city songs but left whistling the hull song. They kept going a long time and it must have seeped into my subconscious .

I think the point about longer songs is a good one. I remember years ago singing "Billy McNeil's Blue and White Army" again and again and again. People would be stamping and clapping and keeping it going when it was fading out. It would go on for minutes at a time. Altogether now...Manny P's Blue and White Army!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.