Our supporters.

Ardwick Green Blue said:
GornikDaze said:
Ardwick Green Blue said:
The law dictates that Premiership football is seating only so the fact that you prefer to stand up is irrelevant. Other paying supporters don't so why should they put up with not seeing the crucial parts of the game because you are blocking their view?
Both points of view would be catered for with safe standing areas.

I agree but as things are it is totally ignorant & selfish for individual supporters to ruin the match for others because they want to stand up in areas where the vast majority don't.
I wasn't disagreeing with you. Everyone pays good money for their tickets and has a right to see the game. At away games its okay because the norm is to stand and most seem happy with that. Where we sit there are few even older than me that prefer to sit and I am mindful that whenever I do stand on the odd occasion that the game merits it i sit down as quick as possible. I guess not everyone is as aware of others.

One of the key reasons people make the effort of going to a live game is for the atmosphere. It worries me that if our atmosphere continues to be so flat and as most of our games are live on TV, the gates will eventually suffer. On the other hand almost everywhere in the prem the game has become much more of a "spectator" sport. Off the top of my head Anfield is the only ground where the atmosphere is still something like it was in its hey-day. A safe standing area is about the only thing I can think of that might breathe some life into the Etihad

cavendishblue said:
One of the key reasons people make the effort of going to a live game is for the atmosphere. It worries me that if our atmosphere continues to be so flat and as most of our games are live on TV, the gates will eventually suffer. On the other hand almost everywhere in the prem the game has become much more of a "spectator" sport. Off the top of my head Anfield is the only ground where the atmosphere is still something like it was in its hey-day. A safe standing area is about the only thing I can think of that might breathe some life into the Etihad

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH, sing when you are SITTING DOWN FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!! TRY IT IT IS LIBERATING!! SEE I AM DOING IT JUST SITTING HERE AT MY COMPUTER.

GornikDaze said:
Ardwick Green Blue said:
GornikDaze said:
Both points of view would be catered for with safe standing areas.

I agree but as things are it is totally ignorant & selfish for individual supporters to ruin the match for others because they want to stand up in areas where the vast majority don't.
I wasn't disagreeing with you. Everyone pays good money for their tickets and has a right to see the game. At away games its okay because the norm is to stand and most seem happy with that. Where we sit there are few even older than me that prefer to sit and I am mindful that whenever I do stand on the odd occasion that the game merits it i sit down as quick as possible. I guess not everyone is as aware of others.

My post was aimed at the guy who was slating others who interfere with him standing up whenever he feels like. I have no problem with designated standing areas.

ManCitizens. said:
On the plus side, our numbers are great; we always turn up when needed and always fill the away allocation.

Unfortunately, in my opinion we don’t earn the team any points. The stadium isn’t a fortress, it isn’t intimidating and we're very quiet unless things go our way. People might not like it but at home, our fans are shocking, simple as that. Today was like an Arsenal game, silence - expecting a goal. If not lets moan, groan and have a tantrum.

The team needs backing, 1,000 fans singing in the corner is not enough.

I agree. But what do you think is the reason?
Could it be cos of our success recently? I havent been to Stamford Bridge or the Emirates ever, - or to that other ground for a long time - but I'd guess they would have a pretty flat atmosphere for a home game vs Hull Tigers (unless it was something exceptional, like a title winning game). Don't see the need for the soul-searching tbh.

The one song that's got everyone going and made the whole ground sing was the Mancini song. That game when Real Madrid played and the whole ground started with "fuck of mourinhio" and moved seamlessly into the Mancini song was unbelievable.

Unfortunately pelle doesn't seem to have any great support yet from the fans and I think it's affecting the atmosphere. Hopefully that will soon change!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.