Our supporters.

Eccles Blue said:
GornikDaze said:
Eccles Blue said:
Thanks GornikDaze, if I don't hear anything from them in the next 36 hours I will get back to you. Cheers.

sorry but curiosity killed the cat.............. where did you get that name from?? PM me if you don't want to announce to all and sundry. :-)
No problem - I should know whats happening by Tuesday eve
Ha ha it's not that exciting. As a glory hunter my first memory of being a blue was listening to the cup winners cup final in 1970 on a crappy old transistor radio under my blankets when I was 8 - it was such a bad signal I didn't know who'd won anyway when it finished! Boring hey :)

No that is not boring, that is the sort of thing that signals a long term blue as opposed to a JCL. Thank you.

I remember that match as well. But I could only read the reports next day as my then husband hated football and wouldn't let me listen!! I've got more assertive since those days!! :-)
And a new husband by the sound of it ;)
Long term and long suffering - I wasn't at York away though!! I do get upset at the atmosphere though it was awful yesterday, mind you I was in hospitality yesterday as a treat for my dad - couldn't do that every week way to quiet!

Eccles Blue said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
if we had safe standing, cheap tickets like in germany we would have a great atmosphere like the hamburg game. I think we need to move the away fans and have one end behind the goal. we need ultras aswell

btw the south stand may as well not be there, the family stand makes more noise :)

Ohhh Cheadle_hulmeBlue, would you like to borrow my invisibility cloak for a few days until the South Standers calm down again?? ;-)

Yes please !!!!!! i hope those bad boys in the south stand don't get me ;).

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
if we had safe standing, cheap tickets like in germany we would have a great atmosphere like the hamburg game. I think we need to move the away fans and have one end behind the goal. we need ultras aswell

btw the south stand may as well not be there, the family stand makes more noise :)

Couldn't agree more pal

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Caveman said:
ManCitizens. said:
On the plus side, our numbers are great; we always turn up when needed and always fill the away allocation.

Unfortunately, in my opinion we don’t earn the team any points. The stadium isn’t a fortress, it isn’t intimidating and we're very quiet unless things go our way. People might not like it but at home, our fans are shocking, simple as that. Today was like an Arsenal game, silence - expecting a goal. If not lets moan, groan and have a tantrum.

The team needs backing, 1,000 fans singing in the corner is not enough.
For an hour today it was 0,000 fans from nowhere.

It's not "not enough", it's absolutely shit. Singing Section shit, South Stand shitter, East Stand shitter still, North Stand even shitter and Colin Bell Stand the shittest. We are amongst the quietest home fans in the Prem.

We in CBL3, particlularly 323, and certainly me, Trevor 'n' John, outsang the South Stand by a fucking mile today!

Doesn't help when we give the opposition some of the best seats in the house! Why we continue with the away team, hanging on for a HT 0-0 and then playing towards their own fans defeats my understanding!

they had their best chances In front of the north stand so I don't understand your daft point<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:36 pm --<br /><br />
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Caveman said:
ManCitizens. said:
On the plus side, our numbers are great; we always turn up when needed and always fill the away allocation.

Unfortunately, in my opinion we don’t earn the team any points. The stadium isn’t a fortress, it isn’t intimidating and we're very quiet unless things go our way. People might not like it but at home, our fans are shocking, simple as that. Today was like an Arsenal game, silence - expecting a goal. If not lets moan, groan and have a tantrum.

The team needs backing, 1,000 fans singing in the corner is not enough.
For an hour today it was 0,000 fans from nowhere.

It's not "not enough", it's absolutely shit. Singing Section shit, South Stand shitter, East Stand shitter still, North Stand even shitter and Colin Bell Stand the shittest. We are amongst the quietest home fans in the Prem.

We in CBL3, particlularly 323, and certainly me, Trevor 'n' John, outsang the South Stand by a fucking mile today!

Doesn't help when we give the opposition some of the best seats in the house! Why we continue with the away team, hanging on for a HT 0-0 and then playing towards their own fans defeats my understanding!

they had their best chances In front of the north stand so I don't understand your daft point

Eccles Blue said:
OK mancityvstoke and jrb, I think it is time to agree to differ on this one. Each to their own, I shall carry on with my one woman campaign to get people singing whilst sitting down and let you carry on with yours for the 'Ultra' business.

I wonder if my stand is why I have not received a response to my email to 'Wearethesouthstand' requesting a ticket to the Fans Forum next week? Opposition views not welcome??

You may find lads that I sit and inwardly digest the comments made at the Fans Forum(s) and only respond when absolutely necessary!!! :-)

I'm not about Ultras, Eccles Blue. Far from it. But I wouldn't have a problem with it if it happened.

I'm coming at it like this.

Move the lot of us, singers, into the current away blocks, and let the rest of the fans watch the match in peace.

If the Ultras evolve from that move, then fair enough. If they don't then at least we've finally managed to get all the singers together who can hopefully create a constant atmosphere, which the rest of the stadium can pick up on.

Just like you I want all of us to get behind the team, regardless of how People do it :-)

i sit in the family stand and the atmoshere is shit, people are either complaining or playing on their ipods etc. and when me or my mate get vocal we get dirty looks of everyone. in my opion the family stand should either be moved to the third tier in the east stand or we shouldnt have a family stand maybe a family block or two then the atmosphere would be better

kippaxchris said:
goatinho said:
do something about it then....

The only thing that would change the atmosphere is if we built Main Road again

People like to romanticise about Maine Road like it was always a cacophony of sound, but I remember plenty of times it was quiet as a library except for people moaning and shouting abuse at Richard Edghill!!

GornikDaze said:
Eccles Blue said:
GornikDaze said:
No problem - I should know whats happening by Tuesday eve
Ha ha it's not that exciting. As a glory hunter my first memory of being a blue was listening to the cup winners cup final in 1970 on a crappy old transistor radio under my blankets when I was 8 - it was such a bad signal I didn't know who'd won anyway when it finished! Boring hey :)

No that is not boring, that is the sort of thing that signals a long term blue as opposed to a JCL. Thank you.

I remember that match as well. But I could only read the reports next day as my then husband hated football and wouldn't let me listen!! I've got more assertive since those days!! :-)
And a new husband by the sound of it ;)
Long term and long suffering - I wasn't at York away though!! I do get upset at the atmosphere though it was awful yesterday, mind you I was in hospitality yesterday as a treat for my dad - couldn't do that every week way to quiet!

Nah, I just divorced the first one and played the field!! (Not entirely true, I divorced him and married MCFC!!) My kids wanted to get me a hospitality for my birthday a couple of years ago and I said no because I would miss my friends in the CBL1 so they got me an away hospitality instead! That was good because we sat in the stands with the rest of our fans but had a lovely meal in London and transport there and back.

jrb said:
Eccles Blue said:
OK mancityvstoke and jrb, I think it is time to agree to differ on this one. Each to their own, I shall carry on with my one woman campaign to get people singing whilst sitting down and let you carry on with yours for the 'Ultra' business.

I wonder if my stand is why I have not received a response to my email to 'Wearethesouthstand' requesting a ticket to the Fans Forum next week? Opposition views not welcome??

You may find lads that I sit and inwardly digest the comments made at the Fans Forum(s) and only respond when absolutely necessary!!! :-)

I'm not about Ultras, Eccles Blue. Far from it. But I wouldn't have a problem with it if it happened.

I'm coming at it like this.

Move the lot of us, singers, into the current away blocks, and let the rest of the fans watch the match in peace.

If the Ultras evolve from that move, then fair enough. If they don't then at least we've finally managed to get all the singers together who can hopefully create a constant atmosphere, which the rest of the stadium can pick up on.

Just like you I want all of us to get behind the team, regardless of how People do it :-)

You see jrb we are singing from the same hymn sheet really (no pun intended!)

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Eccles Blue said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

Ohhh Cheadle_hulmeBlue, would you like to borrow my invisibility cloak for a few days until the South Standers calm down again?? ;-)

Yes please !!!!!! i hope those bad boys in the south stand don't get me ;).

I'll protect you CHB, just you get behind me and hide in that cupboard and I'll tell them you went South!!

Have a good evening guys. Onwards and upward with Manchester City, the Boys in Blue never give in! :-)

IWasHere said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
IWasHere said:
I have a solution that will solve your problems....ULTRAS!;-)
worked for palace

I honestly don't see why we shouldn't, the atmosphere would be a lot better than it is now, especially IF we get the whole of south stand full of blues when the stadium gets expanded

You'll have the Victor Meldrew's complaining on here about it that you don't need it, we didn't need it in their day etc, etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.