Our supporters.

mancityvstoke said:
I'm no cynic said:
It always strikes me that the design of the stadium means this former athletics track leaves the audience just a bit too far from the pitch. Would it be possible to excavate the pitch by two or three feet so that an extra two or three rows could be added at the front of the existing stands, bringing the crowd a bit nearer to the action?

Another thing. Last year, City were reported as being prepared to participate in a safe-standing experiment. Is there anyone ITK who can reveal if there is any progress with this? The lack of atmosphere here, and at other stadiums, will persist until standing can make a return.

The pitch was dug down to get level one in.....its also quite close already

As a front rower, (nooooo not in the super skulls, honestly this is a football forum not the Olympic rowing team) I can quite agree that we are quite close already, Zaba acknowledged our shouts of encouragement yesterday as did Aguero when someone was down injured. Lovely place and fantastic atmosphere....................... when I sing sitting down!! Whoops sorry *hangs head in shame* ;-)

I am in a daft half hour lads and lassies, it will go away!!

Eccles Blue said:
OK mancityvstoke and jrb, I think it is time to agree to differ on this one. Each to their own, I shall carry on with my one woman campaign to get people singing whilst sitting down and let you carry on with yours for the 'Ultra' business.

I wonder if my stand is why I have not received a response to my email to 'Wearethesouthstand' requesting a ticket to the Fans Forum next week? Opposition views not welcome??

You may find lads that I sit and inwardly digest the comments made at the Fans Forum(s) and only respond when absolutely necessary!!! :-)
I may have a couple of tickets spare for Thursday if I can't get away from work early enough to get there

GornikDaze said:
Eccles Blue said:
OK mancityvstoke and jrb, I think it is time to agree to differ on this one. Each to their own, I shall carry on with my one woman campaign to get people singing whilst sitting down and let you carry on with yours for the 'Ultra' business.

I wonder if my stand is why I have not received a response to my email to 'Wearethesouthstand' requesting a ticket to the Fans Forum next week? Opposition views not welcome??

You may find lads that I sit and inwardly digest the comments made at the Fans Forum(s) and only respond when absolutely necessary!!! :-)
I may have a couple of tickets spare for Thursday if I can't get away from work early enough to get there

Thanks GornikDaze, if I don't hear anything from them in the next 36 hours I will get back to you. Cheers.

sorry but curiosity killed the cat.............. where did you get that name from?? PM me if you don't want to announce to all and sundry. :-)

1st tier south stand Standing and singing
2nd tier south stand seating and singing
East/west seating and singing
North stand Ducado :p

bluemoon73 said:
1st tier south stand Standing and singing
2nd tier south stand seating and singing
East/west seating and singing
North stand Ducado :p

Sounds good to me............ but please we are not the west stand we are the Colin Bell stand............... because we love Colin Bell. :-)

Our supporters ... Are spoilt and very quiet! I sit in the south stand and it was on par with the family stand for atmosphere ... Sh#t!!

Eccles Blue said:
GornikDaze said:
Eccles Blue said:

Thanks GornikDaze, if I don't hear anything from them in the next 36 hours I will get back to you. Cheers.

sorry but curiosity killed the cat.............. where did you get that name from?? PM me if you don't want to announce to all and sundry. :-)
No problem - I should know whats happening by Tuesday eve
Ha ha it's not that exciting. As a glory hunter my first memory of being a blue was listening to the cup winners cup final in 1970 on a crappy old transistor radio under my blankets when I was 8 - it was such a bad signal I didn't know who'd won anyway when it finished! Boring hey :)

GornikDaze said:
Eccles Blue said:
GornikDaze said:

No problem - I should know whats happening by Tuesday eve
Ha ha it's not that exciting. As a glory hunter my first memory of being a blue was listening to the cup winners cup final in 1970 on a crappy old transistor radio under my blankets when I was 8 - it was such a bad signal I didn't know who'd won anyway when it finished! Boring hey :)

No that is not boring, that is the sort of thing that signals a long term blue as opposed to a JCL. Thank you.

I remember that match as well. But I could only read the reports next day as my then husband hated football and wouldn't let me listen!! I've got more assertive since those days!! :-)

if we had safe standing, cheap tickets like in germany we would have a great atmosphere like the hamburg game. I think we need to move the away fans and have one end behind the goal. we need ultras aswell

btw the south stand may as well not be there, the family stand makes more noise :)

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
if we had safe standing, cheap tickets like in germany we would have a great atmosphere like the hamburg game. I think we need to move the away fans and have one end behind the goal. we need ultras aswell

btw the south stand may as well not be there, the family stand makes more noise :)

Ohhh Cheadle_hulmeBlue, would you like to borrow my invisibility cloak for a few days until the South Standers calm down again?? ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.