Our supporters.

Eccles Blue said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Eccles Blue said:
Tut, tut, tut. ;-)
Were you sat behind me at Wembley? I'd recognise that voice anywhere.

*lol* no sorry, I was on the front row so behind no one............... unless your sense of direction was off?
He could have been one of those supporters who turn around and watches the game on the screen.

BlueTG said:
Eccles Blue said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Were you sat behind me at Wembley? I'd recognise that voice anywhere.

*lol* no sorry, I was on the front row so behind no one............... unless your sense of direction was off?
He could have been one of those supporters who turn around and watches the game on the screen.

Oh heck I never thought of that. So it could have been me he heard. I had better run for the hills.

MAD4cITy1894 said:
The problem with the atmosphere at the Etihad, is one that is quite simple to solve. Create an end behind the goal that is dedicated to City fans, similar to Dortmund, The Kop, the Holte End etc. We need an end that we own, that is dedicated to creating an atmosphere. It also wouldn't do any harm to stop the security from continually harassing those who wish to stand but funnily enough they leave the away fans alone. Regarding the away fans , why do we give them a prime location behind the goal, it gives the away team a focus. Stick them up top or on the sides, preferably out of sight of the camera's, other clubs do this Everton, Palace, Newcastle, Villa, Sunderland to name but a few. Hopefully when the stadium is expanded this will be taken into consideration.

On my feedback card at the ground I wrote that we need to scrap our current expansion plans and build a Kop just like the sud tribune at Dortmund! It would become iconic and would actually help improve the atmosphere and appeal of the club to locals and tourists! Why do we want an emirates 2 because that's the route were heading? Especially when the emirates has a reputation for its poor atmosphere!

Apparently, Cardiff have had their ground inspected by a safety expert and now they are allowed safe-standing areas, which if applied to the Etihad could make a huge difference to the atmosphere. Hope to hear more about this development ,it seems commonsense has broken out.

Yep, it is certainly frustrating when everything is there for it to be the opposite. Can't believe that for 90 mins every couple of weeks (league games anyway) that the atmos isn't better. Problem is the lack of songs or the lack of desire to chant. I mean, the old war cry 'City, City, City,City' which is unfortunately never heard now due to the demise of the Poznan, would shut most away fans up the moment they started singing AND surely lift our team. What the f**k is the point of singing 'We're not really here' or 'Blue Moon' when we get a corner or free kick or really need to get the side going? Should definitely get some ideas for new songs, lines or chants and try and get them started. This would help make the club unique for it's home atmosphere and hopefully entice people to come and watch if (or when) the stadium is extended. Away from home is better but in general it's the same old songs over and over again. Heard a great little song 'give me an M an A and N, a C ,I ,T and Y, we've got the greatest football team that money couldn't buy,'.......etc., but apart from a couple of attempts by a few lads once or twice not bothered with. Think we should be positive and make it a place and club that people talk about for the match day experience like they used to. Everything is in place for this to happen big time but currently a home game is just cringeworthy as far as vocal and inspiring support is concerned

Its cringeworthy for you and me, but the new people running the club want this stuff.
They want the Families happy.
As much as this cheese X factor shit goes against Football culture, it works for the entertainment industry and they sell their music, gain their tv audiences etc....

The club just want that demographic heading through the turnstiles as they spend more on the concourse

the only thing that would improve the atmosphere is cheaper tickets. Just like the hamburg games. Groups of lads could afford to go and our more working class lads could go. Nothing will improve unless we lower ticket prices.

Just listened to Wigan versus Leeds on the radio and the atmosphere was fantastic. Standing helps with the atmosphere but there is also a sense at RL that win or lose you will have a good day out. Not the sort of spineless whimpering about whether we will get beat by Stoke that I often read on here.

Why Always Ste said:
Its cringeworthy for you and me, but the new people running the club want this stuff.
They want the Families happy.
As much as this cheese X factor shit goes against Football culture, it works for the entertainment industry and they sell their music, gain their tv audiences etc....

The club just want that demographic heading through the turnstiles as they spend more on the concourse
You have posted the same old clap trap constantly for weeks
Just today you have posted it three times

Why are you picking on 'families' all the time?
Why do you think it's them that want the cheese?

I started going to City because my dad, his brothers and my grandad went, it was a family thing
When I was older my mum used to come with me and my dad.

Then when my daughter was born she came along with her dad and grandad. She built the best bond imaginable with both of us at Maine Road
Then my wife and other two kids joined in so the six of us used to go.
Unfortunately my dad's no longer here but the five of us, or combinations of, are seen regularly at the Etihad and many an away game by posters on here, including you.
We like to go for a drink in town before the game, sometimes finish off in the Townley or City Square, rarely inside the ground. I like City Square, just wish it was bigger hence I'm normally in the Crown and Anchor until 30 minutes before kick off enjoying a nice pint of Boddies.

Are we there for the cheese? Are we the owners demographic? Or are we a fourth generation of match going family blues?
The people who fuck me off are those who pontificate about other blues' reasons for being there.
They can stuff their cheese up their arse, but I don't moan about others because of it, I carry on drinking and supporting City.

Leave off the families.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.