Our supporters.

Eccles Blue said:
cavendishblue said:
One of the key reasons people make the effort of going to a live game is for the atmosphere. It worries me that if our atmosphere continues to be so flat and as most of our games are live on TV, the gates will eventually suffer. On the other hand almost everywhere in the prem the game has become much more of a "spectator" sport. Off the top of my head Anfield is the only ground where the atmosphere is still something like it was in its hey-day. A safe standing area is about the only thing I can think of that might breathe some life into the Etihad

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH, sing when you are SITTING DOWN FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!! TRY IT IT IS LIBERATING!! SEE I AM DOING IT JUST SITTING HERE AT MY COMPUTER.
Singing isn't as easy to do say down as when you're stood up. I take your point, of corse you can still sing but being sat down takes away a lot of the gusto to chants and I can't hit the high notes in Blue Moon when I'm sat down neither. When I'm stood up and much more involved in the game and atmosphere. It's just the way it is.

On a separate note...another thing that annoys me is when we have a free kick or corner: everyone stands up when they get excited as we create the move that wins the corner, but then everyone sits down and starts moaning at me to join them on their arses while the free kick or corner is taking place. Why? Just all stay stood up until the passage of play is over or after we've celebrated a goal. It never used to be like that!

I sit in 105 which isn't particularly far from 109-111 but in the last few years we've really stopped getting involved in all that sort of stuff. We used to stand all game in 105 for the derby and we did for Hamburg yet we didn't even stand all game for the title winning game and don't ever do it at all anymore. Now I'm not expecting it for a whole game, I understand people don't want to, but let me stay stood up for corners and free kicks - and bloody well join me - at least!

Bojinov The Bull said:
It's never going to go back to the way it was. When my dad first took me I remember going through the streets towards the stadium, seeing the kippax and you'd hear the noise from the crowd gradually building from there and when you got inside it was amazing, adrenaline was pumping and I was really exciting to be there.

When I go now about 15 years on it's boring. I notice now how many families go, women and kids, full family days out. This might be good for ticket sales but 90% of them couldn't care less about being there, they come with a packed lunch and chat for most of the game without even really watching it. Add to this all of the city square and presenting with hugh ferris shit that they do and it just makes it all about everything other than the football.

I couldn't care less about going these days, I got rid of my season ticket and now I just go to about 10 games a season, it's pretty dull!

I know it's an utter disgrace, families going to watch a game of football, women and children as well it's just not on, whatever next!

Ducado said:
Bojinov The Bull said:
It's never going to go back to the way it was. When my dad first took me I remember going through the streets towards the stadium, seeing the kippax and you'd hear the noise from the crowd gradually building from there and when you got inside it was amazing, adrenaline was pumping and I was really exciting to be there.

When I go now about 15 years on it's boring. I notice now how many families go, women and kids, full family days out. This might be good for ticket sales but 90% of them couldn't care less about being there, they come with a packed lunch and chat for most of the game without even really watching it. Add to this all of the city square and presenting with hugh ferris shit that they do and it just makes it all about everything other than the football.

I couldn't care less about going these days, I got rid of my season ticket and now I just go to about 10 games a season, it's pretty dull!

I know it's an utter disgrace, families going to watch a game of football, women and children as well it's just not on, whatever next!
But it's all geared towards them only.

I feel like I'm at a kids theme park and I shouldn't really be there these days.

I agree with most of the comments posted earlier.

Last night I clicked on the link posted on here from the Blackburn away game when we got promoted. I recommend you play it, it puts you ina great mood and makes you feel great about being a City supporter. The commentators were all going crazy about the size of our support and the passion. Maybe we should play videos of this before games to remind everyone how good we can be. Last year I went to every game home and away and can vouch that not many games were vintage in terms of atmosphere. Ironically I probably enjoyed the atmosphere at Fulham and Newcastle as the one that I can remember. I was too pissed to remember the rest !

Caveman said:
Ducado said:
Bojinov The Bull said:

I feel like I'm at a kids theme park and I shouldn't really be there these days.

Exactly! I knew i'd get shit for that post but I don't care it's true and everyone knows it! I have no problem with women and children going if they actually WANT to go but I think most go just because they get cheap family tickets. I was sat in the East Stand today surrounded by them and so many of them were just chatting away to each other looking bored out of their minds being there, what's the point in that?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Caveman said:
ManCitizens. said:
On the plus side, our numbers are great; we always turn up when needed and always fill the away allocation.

Unfortunately, in my opinion we don’t earn the team any points. The stadium isn’t a fortress, it isn’t intimidating and we're very quiet unless things go our way. People might not like it but at home, our fans are shocking, simple as that. Today was like an Arsenal game, silence - expecting a goal. If not lets moan, groan and have a tantrum.

The team needs backing, 1,000 fans singing in the corner is not enough.
For an hour today it was 0,000 fans from nowhere.

It's not "not enough", it's absolutely shit. Singing Section shit, South Stand shitter, East Stand shitter still, North Stand even shitter and Colin Bell Stand the shittest. We are amongst the quietest home fans in the Prem.

We in CBL3, particlularly 323, and certainly me, Trevor 'n' John, outsang the South Stand by a fucking mile today!

Doesn't help when we give the opposition some of the best seats in the house! Why we continue with the away team, hanging on for a HT 0-0 and then playing towards their own fans defeats my understanding!

Been saying this for years mate, A move the away fans out the bloody way and B attack the singing end in the second half! Like Liverpool attack the Kop and 'they' attck the stretford end!

I sing no matter where i am sat (or stood) in the ground! But when im away from the south stand can never get anything going! Even if i stand and sing everyone looks at you like you broke into their house on xmas day and pissed on their kids!

This is just an observation from reading this thread but it seems generally accepted that the fan base is changing, more families with kids but the songs that a lot of people have mentioned trying to get going are not really suitable for this fan base. Ryan Giggs being illegitimate, Fuck off Mourinhio, etc. The Mancini song was sung loudly as someone mentioned that had no swearing etc. I know this point will drive a spike through the heart of the people who feel it is already to sanitised but it is just an observation as I said.

goater1978 said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
goater1978 said:
The one song that's got everyone going and made the whole ground sing was the Mancini song. That game when Real Madrid played and the whole ground started with "fuck of mourinhio" and moved seamlessly into the Mancini song was unbelievable.

Unfortunately pelle doesn't seem to have any great support yet from the fans and I think it's affecting the atmosphere. Hopefully that will soon change!

Nonsense, the atmosphere was crap last season too.

I think football fans, in general, aren't as excited about going to games as they were 'in the good old days'. With so much football on TV and so much entertainment going on around us these days (even in city square before the game!) the novelty of being able to let your hair down and have a good time has worn off and atmosphere has suffered.

Add to that rising prices, health and safety and a drive towards making us a 'family club' and it won't be long before goal music is needed to generate some noise.

Nah last year it was better. We were champions, everyone was happy and we were more optimistic. This year people are on more of a downer.

Not sure I agree in all honesty, I think last seasons atmosphere soon died down once it was obvious we were going to struggle our way through the season with all our dodgy transfers!

It's only been 2 home games after all, the first one of which was better than today. I think many big teams would have a poor atmosphere in an early season, early kickoff at home to Hull (no disrespect to the Tigers). Hopefully the team will pick up form soon, and so too does the atmosphere.

Bojinov The Bull said:

Caveman said:
Ducado said:

Exactly! I knew i'd get shit for that post but I don't care it's true and everyone knows it! I have no problem with women and children going if they actually WANT to go but I think most go just because they get cheap family tickets. I was sat in the East Stand today surrounded by them and so many of them were just chatting away to each other looking bored out of their minds being there, what's the point in that?

I sit in the East Stand, and i'm a woman, and i sit with my mum (except we're both over 30 obviously!), If i don't fit the criteria you'd like at matches who should i pass my season ticket on to? You know, the one i've had every season for over 25 years?

Sorry, i'm just pissy at the attitude that women don't care about atmosphere. Today yes i may have been someone looking bored and quiet - but i was in fucking pain, lots of pain, lots of health probs, prob shouldnt have gone but i hate missing matches. But to someone who doesn't know me i probably looked "a miserable woman who isn't adding to the atmosphere"! I sing when others sing, and i stand when others stand. My pensioner mum though has started to struggle to stand, maybe according to you guys we should put her out to pasture eh.

This is just a tired vent cos i don't feel well and am a bit stroppy, so don't take deep offense (!) but i just felt i should say it.

(Though when i comes to some familes i do see your point, a little, but once you start to have that viewpoint you end up tarring everyone with the same brush) (As you say in one post you dont mind if the women are there for genuine reasons, but in another you claim 90% aren't! How do you know who is genuine, if they don't drink 10 pints then smoke in the loo and stand up all match while constantly singing then kick em out?!) (And yeah ive seen plenty of kids last 3 seasons or so who look bored to tears and want to go home! But people tend to lump female adults in with this when slagging people off!)

Bojinov The Bull said:
Caveman said:
Ducado said:

Lemmie guess, the twins and a kid wearing a city jacket and footy socks?;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.