Our supporters.

Bring back this banner, it might inspire our 'singing sections' into action!

tumblr_m4gzxkwMRy1r4uztxo1_500.png

Who can forget this passion? Ever since this day, with one or two exceptions, things have seemed lethargic at our ground...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfxf78bwYJQ[/youtube]

squirtyflower said:
Why Always Ste said:
Its cringeworthy for you and me, but the new people running the club want this stuff.
They want the Families happy.
As much as this cheese X factor shit goes against Football culture, it works for the entertainment industry and they sell their music, gain their tv audiences etc....

The club just want that demographic heading through the turnstiles as they spend more on the concourse
You have posted the same old clap trap constantly for weeks
Just today you have posted it three times

Why are you picking on 'families' all the time?
Why do you think it's them that want the cheese?

I started going to City because my dad, his brothers and my grandad went, it was a family thing
When I was older my mum used to come with me and my dad.

Then when my daughter was born she came along with her dad and grandad. She built the best bond imaginable with both of us at Maine Road
Then my wife and other two kids joined in so the six of us used to go.
Unfortunately my dad's no longer here but the five of us, or combinations of, are seen regularly at the Etihad and many an away game by posters on here, including you.
We like to go for a drink in town before the game, sometimes finish off in the Townley or City Square, rarely inside the ground. I like City Square, just wish it was bigger hence I'm normally in the Crown and Anchor until 30 minutes before kick off enjoying a nice pint of Boddies.

Are we there for the cheese? Are we the owners demographic? Or are we a fourth generation of match going family blues?
The people who fuck me off are those who pontificate about other blues' reasons for being there.
They can stuff their cheese up their arse, but I don't moan about others because of it, I carry on drinking and supporting City.

Leave off the families.

How can I "leave off" something I have no problem with?
I personally think the Family stand is a great idea.
Encouraging families is good however the Atmosphere is shit.

Will the young kids still want to go and watch City when they are 18-24?

What's more attractive for them... out on the Piss, pulling girls, drugs and clubs... or sat in some morgue for 90m in complete silence?

The kids who like the xboxs and whatever grow and may??? Want to get involved in fan culture seen elsewhere in the world which involves incredible atmosphere which isn't created by One direction on the pitch singing bluemoon.... but by fans.

squirtyflower said:
Why Always Ste said:
Its cringeworthy for you and me, but the new people running the club want this stuff.
As much as this cheese X factor shit goes against Football culture, it works for the entertainment industry and they sell their music, gain their tv audiences etc....

The club just want that demographic heading through the turnstiles as they spend more on the concourse

I started going to City because my dad, his brothers and my grandad went, it was a family thing

Then when my daughter was born she came along with her dad and grandad. She built the best bond imaginable with both of us at Maine Road
Unfortunately my dad's no longer here but the five of us, or combinations of, are seen regularly at the Etihad and many an away game by posters on here, including you.
We like to go for a drink in town before the game, sometimes finish off in the Townley or City Square, rarely inside the ground. I like City Square, just wish it was bigger hence I'm normally in the Crown and Anchor until 30 minutes before kick off enjoying a nice pint of Boddies.

Are we there for the cheese? Are we the owners demographic? Or are we a fourth generation of match going family blues?
The people who fuck me off are those who pontificate about other blues' reasons for being there.
They can stuff their cheese up their arse, but I don't moan about others because of it, I carry on drinking and supporting City.

Leave off the families.
I have to agree with the majority of this. Whilst I don't like the Americanisation of football, and post about it on here often, I think you can guarantee that the club are desperate for the stadium to have a better all-round old fashioned atmosphere when the game is being played. They know it helps the team, intimidates the opponents and attracts new fans.

This will never happen with two restricted singing areas, but the time to change it is here.

I have to say that most league grounds these days seem to be lacking in atmosphere. Times have changed havent they. All seater stadiums and sky high ticket prices dont help.

Clubs want the families in as they spend more money. I havent been to a City home game but im a regular down Cardiff and ive seen it happen here. Ninian Park was an old shitty ground, not family friendly really. 50% of it was crumbling terracing, full of pissheads but the atmosphere was electric. You was watching shit football but it part of the fun. You stood right next to the pitch. You could almost feel the heat from the players. You could stand and swear and try and climb a barb wire fence to try and get to the away fans.
The new ground.....well.....all seater same old oval bowl arena as everyone else. you have to sit. you cant swear. you have mums and dads with their 2 kids who sit there for 90 mins with 2 cups of tea,reading their programmes whilst the kids munch on 2 hot dogs and a can of coke.They are plastered head to toe in the clubs new "RED" colours :-( they dont know the songs. They only know one player, Bellamy. But whilst the normal man like me will pay £25 to watch the game and then leave, they would have payed almost £100 just to get in, and thats after they have spend £100 in the clubshop before hand buying all the gear and programmes.

As a schoolboy playing for my local football side back in 1990, our club went to old trafford (sorry) to watch united v liverpool. (liverpool wan 2-1). I remember i paid something like £2.50 to stand in the stretford end. Up until the mid 90's, i was paying less than a tenner to stand and watch Cardiff City. Dad's could take their kids to the footy, have a pint, buy the kids a burger and still have change out of £20.

Then Hillsbourough happened and we all had to sit, and then the premier league arrived and the world went mad. Players wages are just scandalous and its the fans who have to stump up and help pay their wages. £300,000 a week just sums up whats wrong with the world today.

the answer is simple in my simple mind :-)

players wages should be capped at £10,000 per week (and thats flipping generous). 10k a week is enough for any normal human being. christ.
make all grounds at least 50% seating and 50% standing.
lower ticket prices for terrace areas. Bring back the working class man who knows hows to sing.
bring back inflatable bananas
inform fans that standing and singing isnt illegal anymore.

Bring on the families and everyone else, it's what it is all about. Having a raucous atmosphere will help to bring it all together and plenty of youngsters will probably want to be part of it when they get older and start going on their own. The 'Poznan', for example, may have run it's course (although I don't think so personally) but it was fun, looked great and EVERYONE identified it as uniquely City (even though it wasn't an original idea of course) Said it before, the original 'Istanbul, Istanbul we are coming' song is a potential 'classic' for City if it's changed to 'Wembley, Wembley we are coming...., we are coming on Cup Final Day' (or 'we are coming here again in May' if we're at the FA Cup semi-final) our own unique Wembley song.

Didsbury Dave said:
squirtyflower said:
Why Always Ste said:

Leave off the families.
I have to agree with the majority of this. Whilst I don't like the Americanisation of football, and post about it on here often, I think you can guarantee that the club are desperate for the stadium to have a better all-round old fashioned atmosphere when the game is being played. They know it helps the team, intimidates the opponents and attracts new fans.

This will never happen with two restricted singing areas, but the time to change it is here.
I definitely agree with that last bit
It is the one thing I constantly comment on when they do their surveys.
We need one end of our more vocal fans and not spilt by the away fans.
I also mentioned this when looking at the plans for the new south stand
Like many others I'd like to see one huge stand accommodating our fans only without a split at level two for corporate, but can't see that happening

There's been some cracking atmospheres at the Etihad but must admit most home games its shite.I remember the quarter final against Hamburg its was cracking even though we managed to go out.I personally think the crowd isn't upto it much as were expected to win every game and normally do so,so the crowd doesn't rise to it if you get me.When we play the so called bigger games the atmosphere is better because theres a chance we might lose so the crowd are more up for it.

squirtyflower said:
Didsbury Dave said:
squirtyflower said:

Leave off the families.

I definitely agree with that last bit
It is the one thing I constantly comment on when they do their surveys.
We need one end of our more vocal fans and not spilt by the away fans.
I also mentioned this when looking at the plans for the new south stand
Like many others I'd like to see one huge stand accommodating our fans only without a split at level two for corporate, but can't see that happening

We are going over old ground but the current situation couldn't actually be worse. what makes atmosphere is songs spreading around the ground. At the moment The South Stand is basically wasted because the songs won't spread left becuase it's the Old Man's stand and right because it's the away fans. The 111 bit songs can spread right but they don't go left because the away fans are in the way.

The simple answer has always been to move the away fans to the other side of the South Stand. Then you are just relocating the City fans in the South Stand en-masse and they basically sit with the same people as before with the same view etc.

Having a new tier complicates things, but the answer is there to be found. This ground can have a much better atmosphere if songs spread quicker. Many many people around the stadium would join in with songs that spread.

Good point. Generally we have become this expectant fan now, turning up expecting victory, without any need to contribute effort to motivate players. Just buy the Jamie Pie.

I'm still singing. If I got into this mode I might as well then just watch it at home on the tv.

There are dominant clubs out there with good atmosphere such as Bayern and Dortmund but the big difference is the cost of football. The people who would create atmosphere sadly cannot afford to go on a regular basis.

Why Always Ste said:
Good point. Generally we have become this expectant fan now, turning up expecting victory, without any need to contribute effort to motivate players. Just buy the Jamie Pie.

I'm still singing. If I got into this mode I might as well then just watch it at home on the tv.

There are dominant clubs out there with good atmosphere such as Bayern and Dortmund but the big difference is the cost of football. The people who would create atmosphere sadly cannot afford to go on a regular basis.

80k stadia with standing allow for low price tickets and an atmosphere. We might get the 80k stadia, we might generate the atmosphere but we won't get the standing and low price tickets with the bunch of self-serving shitehawks in Westminster!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.