Over 50's Health Tips

What's the relationship between nose breathing / mouth taping and blood pressure.?
Engages the diaphragm fully which on its travels tickles our internal organs which tell our parasympathetic nervous system everything is fonzy.
In addition to this there is a release of hormones and chemicals that get triggered by nasal breathing that lower blood pressure and aid digestion amongst many other benefits. The thing is you don't have to make any really radical changes to get benefits but if you want to you can push things much further.

This book is brilliant : https://www.waterstones.com/book/breath/james-nestor/9780241289129

Think the hormones come after the nervous system is fed ^ from the first brain...

It's not really a lost art...you can see it all play out in nature...you can get a dog of toy variety ( even) drop into stalking mode because the handlers gone mouth only...the birds in the trees tipple and thier chirping is a language telling thier young to lively ( blood pressure on the up)..the rabbit hears the birds and can understand bird talk so stamps his back legs into the ground to tell his own tribe there is a mouth breather about...2 fields away mr fox feels the rabbit tribes leg knocking and thinks dustin hoffmans before youve even seen him...nothing in life is out of place.

In addition to this there is a release of hormones and chemicals that get triggered by nasal breathing that lower blood pressure and aid digestion amongst many other benefits. The thing is you don't have to make any really radical changes to get benefits but if you want to you can push things much further.

This book is brilliant : https://www.waterstones.com/book/breath/james-nestor/9780241289129

Thanks, i'll have a look at that book as i do mouth breathe and snore.

Just had a quick look at him on you tube, seems quite informative.

Thanks, i'll have a look at that book as i do mouth breathe and snore.

Just had a quick look at him on you tube, seems quite informative.
Good luck, I really can’t recommend it highly enough. I’ve dabbled with Wim Hof technique lately, still not entirely convinced I need that in my life but feels worth a stab.

I'm over 55 and started practicing yoga a couple of years ago.
I added that to walking, biking and some weight work.
Yoga helps me not only physically by improving my flexibilty and strength, but by also remembering to concentrate on my breathing helps me mentally too, making me focus more and to stay calmer.
I'd recommend taking yoga classes to anyone.

Now i just need to cut back on the beer and crisps!

It's weird how the same exercise feels different on different days
Yesterday, I swam 44 x 50m lengths at Manchester Aquatics Centre and felt fine and invigorated.
Today, I swam 80 x 25m lengths at my local leisure centre and it felt like swimming through treacle.
The only difference was I had my cereal breakfast about 80 minutes before my swim yesterday, but 3 hours beforehand today. On both occasions I was fully hydrated & had a good night's sleep.
Start time was 09::30 yesterday but 12:15 today. I've always been more of a morning person!

Had a chicken curry tonight with sweet potato instead of the rice and feel better for it.

Yes its a nice combo,but still quite carb heavy.

Just try with a bag of steamed cauli/broccoli instead.Pad out with mushrooms and peppers if you desire.

Spotted this and have been doing it myself. Even 10, with good form, in the beginning was tough! Just don't cheat yourself. I combine it with resistance band training back pulls and the shaping is coming along nicely, plus the bands allow the muscles to cope with the push up sets. The heart rate shoots up as well, being cardio based.

Try it.

The burn is crazy, though.

I've cut down on cards, chips, bread, rice etc. Stopped eating meat, eat plenty of fish, cut out most sugar and drink plenty of water and decaf coffee.
Walk every day and eat high fibre diet.
Ohh and plenty of sex.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.