Overseas blues

Some prehistory at first. Born in Moscow, I've started kinda feel City in something about 2005, when EPL was shown on russian public (not paid) channel, although my father supported Chelsea (yes, because of abramovich).
Moreover, I've hated MU because of its pomposity, cristiano 'showing off diving little girl' ronaldo and some stuff you just couldn't explain (Or I just can not remember it). My hate to MU was only growing.

So, when Barclays Premier League returned on public TV five years later, I forgot much of I had seen of it before. But it was good news: first of all, there had been NO european football on our free TV (only 1 match of every stage in CL and EL) for 2 years, since the same TV company stopped broadcasting Calcio (which for me was just neutral football to watch sometimes). Moreover, it let me to do a practically (expect my huge hate concerning MU) clear sight on EPL.

So, in the august 2010, I've watched 1st day of EPL, it was City vs Spurs. My kind of football idols were charismatic goalkeepers like Lehmann or Kahn (I've enjoyed playing a goalkeeper role since my childhood, unlike many others and enjoyed watching goalkeepers' performances most of all then) and I was absolutely impressed by Hart! Add City's underdog status to that and the City's opposition to some 'more popular clubs' and I've felt this non-transferable way that, what I found out a couple of days after, is described in our Blue Moon anthem. That match finished 0-0, thnanks to Joe. I had City in my heart I've been living City since that day.

I've liked not only Joe but the whole team! I've planned to go to Manchester since that match (but haven't been able to do it yet), and the 2nd day game vs Liverpool I was already watching actively supporting City. In that game Joe made some great saves too, and I loved Carlos Tevez, who absolutely impressed me too. Alongside with Gareth Barry and Adam Johnson. That's, how I've met your... ehm, started supporting Manchester City.

Last edited:
Born in Motherwell, Scotland 57 years ago but have lived in South Africa since 1981. Had to pick an English team to support when I was 12 & the clubs initials are the same as my name. Still enjoying the ride.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.