Overseas support

nowantads said:
Bigger worldwide following = more sponsor, big sponsors more willing to give more money = can afford better player = more chance for trophies.

It's so simple, why can't some people understand this.

And top top club like Barcelona and Real Madrid have large worldwide fanbase. If we want to get to their level, we have to get bigger fanbase too, just like the club is trying to do by making dozens twitter account in different languages etc. It's amazing some here are hell bent against what the club wants.

This
It's not really tricky to understand either
There are none so blind as those that will not see

Been going since late 70s - spent first weeks wages in 78 travelling to first game

Back in the day a trip to game started with leaving Coleraine at 7 Friday morning to go to college in Belfast - after college walk round to Belfast-Liverpool ferry and sail overnight, then train to Manchester, few pints go to game, train back to Liverpool and Saturday overnight ferry to Belfast arriving back at home Sunday afternoon. At that time they did a football special which cost £15 and we got to know quite a few Belfast lads as it was usually City/Liverpool one week and rags/Everton following week

If we didn't book a cabin on the ferry and slept in bar (or kept drinking all night) meant we could get another game in

Never had an issue home or away with my accent or were I come from when with City fans

blue_sonic176 said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:
We should be embracing overseas support,it's precisely what we will need to get to the next level and be a force worldwide which Sheikh Mansour has given us every opportunity to be which iwas beyond our wildest dreams not too long ago
If anyone wonders whether it's worth it or not simply picture Gerry Creaney and the pointer Mcmanaman in a City top

how does having a load of tourists in the ground take us to the next level ?? we are already winning the league, cups and probably soon the champions league. All it would do is make us more money. I want people to actually support us, not just when we are winning.

And imo the majority of people especially in the ground should be local. As thats who the club is primarily for. I accept we have some great loyal fans who aren't from manchester, just dont want the types of fans united or liverpool have i.e. glory hunters.

Someone better tell sheik Mansour he isn't a blue.
If a fan didn't have the plain dumb luck to be born a stones throw away from Maine road, it doesn't mean they're any less a city fan. For me the only thing that matters is loyalty through the highest highs and lowest lows. Every fan has to start somewhere.

i never said it makes you less of a fan. Just that I believe with a stadium in manchester that a fair share of the people that go - should be from the same city. whats the point in being in manchester if most of the ones that go to games aren't from there.

The trouble is with tickets starting at £57 for the Arse game the club requires support outside of the North West to fill the ground.
This will be further exacerbated with the stadium expansion.
This is the price of success.

Hoghead said:
The trouble is with tickets starting at £57 for the Arse game the club requires support outside of the North West to fill the ground.
i disagree with the premise that it will be more exacerbated
I believe with the stadium expansion we may even see prices drop in some areas of the ground, whilst premium seats will attract a higher price

squirtyflower said:
Hoghead said:
I believe with the stadium expansion we may even see prices drop in some areas of the ground, whilst premium seats will attract a higher price

Manchester and the NW does not have the demographic wealth of match going city fans to support the current pricing structure.
Who then will fill the Premium Seats other than 'oversea supporters'
My original post was really in response to that supporters should be from Manchester.

I'd just like to say that when my Canadian, City supporting wife and I came over for the derby last year, we ended up getting tickets from a rag, in the City section. If it wasn't for that one Canadian you might have been sitting next to a rag. Although at least he would have been a Manc.

Hoghead said:
squirtyflower said:
Hoghead said:

Manchester and the NW does not have the demographic wealth of match going city fans to support the current pricing structure.
Who then will fill the Premium Seats other than 'oversea supporters'
My original post was really in response to that supporters should be from Manchester.
there are currently local people/businesses want access to the premium seats but city all too often sell out
the cheaper seats will also go to local, perhaps less well off support, and yes we will also get people from outside the area, so what if we do?

I didn't even know where Manchester was when I began supporting City. How anyone can say you should support a team closure to you is beyond me. We didn't even have a football league team in the county when I fell for the blues, aged 8. Used to get the odd glimpse on MOTD or the Big Match, other than that I was left newspaper match reports. No video, Sky or streams back in them days, I'll tell thee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.