Owning a nice watch

Expensive watches, like jewelry, are just about the boasting. I have no idea why people feel the need. Also if you wear them out and about you make yourself the target of every lowlife out there who of they steal it from you can make a quick few quid.

Having said that it could be a good investment to buy one and lock it away safely as some do increase significantly in value over time ( No pun intended.)

Expensive watches, like jewelry, are just about the boasting. I have no idea why people feel the need. Also if you wear them out and about you make yourself the target of every lowlife out there who of they steal it from you can make a quick few quid.

Having said that it could be a good investment to buy one and lock it away safely as some do increase significantly in value over time ( No pun intended.)
The good thing about a rolex is you can use it as a knuckle duster to gently persuade said low life to re-think his life choices.

Tbf I bought most of my watches years ago when I used to flash my cash thinking I was a Billy big bollocks. I don't even wear one these days but they are all in a safe locked away to pass on to my son one day when he's old enough.

I bought a semi-decent watch after I did a well paid piece of work overseas.
It serves as a reminder that I should get personal rewards for myself and not just spend the cash on wine, women and song, or waste it.

I bought a semi-decent watch after I did a well paid piece of work overseas.
It serves as a reminder that I should get personal rewards for myself and not just spend the cash on wine, women and song, or waste it.

Well I wouldn't call the latter wasting it, you are creating great memories and having lots of fun. To be fair whatever people send their money on is their business and if watches and jewelry make them happy why not? I bought a Seiko world timer watch in Singapore for £40 in 1981. The battery ran out and it has sat in a draw for decades now. I have no idea if it's worth anything but when I bought it I felt the dogs bollocks lol.

I had a Jaeger Le-Coultre Reverso, a truly beautiful thing. I bought it when a relationship fell apart and sold it when I no longer wanted to be reminded of that and wished to move on. Trinkets are lovely, but real life is where it's at.

That's the Grail dress watch for me, would pair well with my Atmos. Would happily swap for my pie-pan connie but you're right, life comes first.

Last edited:
That's the Grail dress watch for me, would pair well with my Atmos. Would happily swap for my pie-pan connie but you're right, life comes first.

(messed up quote, sorry)
It was so well made and so elegant. I would have another, just not that one, for obvious reasons.

Like a nice car then, or nice clothes, or a house ?
I don’t know why people bother .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.