Oxford United (A) Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this been asked and answered on here? If/when we beat Oxford when will we play our next game. Due to play it the week we play Spuds on the Monday and Southampton on the Saturday, the following week we play in Europe, Wed after Spuds only gives 1 day 'off' same if we play Thursday.
It's been suggested that we could play on Thursday and push the Southampton game back to Sunday - but we might get drawn against a team that couldn't play on the Thursday if they or their weekend opponents had a Champs league game the following Tuesday
'ckin Ada.
More complex than Brexit.
This competition is not crucial to us this season and we need to use it to give as many fringe members of the squad game time.

Give some players a chance but put out a team that'll win, got a bit lucky in the early rounds last year, hopefully we're better this year.

Muric
Danilo (If fit)
Kompany
Stones
Zinchenko
Gundogan
Foden
One of the Silvas
Mahrez
Jesus
Brahim (Unless that contract is still an issue) If it is, then Sane or Sterling or maybe someone like Bolton?

I don’t think there will be wholesale changes, until the game is comfortably won, if we get to that point.....unless the powers that be have determined that the players need rest and we will chance the League Cup like we did last year, by getting to the Final on penalty kicks almost every round.

I’d rest Silva, Fernandinho, Aguero and Laporte, but beyond that, it is really just a formation issue as to which players play. I would imagine they might have a go in front of their own fans, but it might behoove them to have an unwatered, hard bobbly pitch and 11 behind the ball to try to get a replay and fill the coffers. Who knows?!

Width will be the key for City, with any possible goals coming from breaks, dead balls and midfielders. Can’t see it being an attractive game, tbh. 3-0 and lots of rest for regular starters is the order of the day, if possible.

I don’t think there will be wholesale changes, until the game is comfortably won, if we get to that point.....unless the powers that be have determined that the players need rest and we will chance the League Cup like we did last year, by getting to the Final on penalty kicks almost every round.

I’d rest Silva, Fernandinho, Aguero and Laporte, but beyond that, it is really just a formation issue as to which players play. I would imagine they might have a go in front of their own fans, but it might behoove them to have an unwatered, hard bobbly pitch and 11 behind the ball to try to get a replay and fill the coffers. Who knows?!

Width will be the key for City, with any possible goals coming from breaks, dead balls and midfielders. Can’t see it being an attractive game, tbh. 3-0 and lots of rest for regular starters is the order of the day, if possible.

Alright lads,
No doubt you will win pretty well untroubled tbh. We are not playing well at all this season apart from a decent result at Sunderland a few weeks back. We are playing better away from home. Our pitch is pretty good to be fair, your players won’t have any complaints. There are no replays in this competition anymore so us trying for a replay can’t happen, unless a miracle happens and we take you to pens! Anyway enjoy your day/night down here, bring a good book for the car park after the game...

Foden
Foden Foden Foden Foden
Foden Foden Foden
Foden Foden Foden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.